Chapter XII

~~~

The girls have explained everything to a still bewildered puffin.

"Okay, L-let me get this straight. You mean, every night, when the moonlight leaves the lake, you two...." Puffin made some gibbering noises referring Rorthbart's magic, to then mimicking the squawk of a swan.

The princesses let out a small chuckle.

" Right," Odette nods, smiling.

"The following night, if we want to turn back into a human, we have to be on the lake," Isabelle said pointing out with the head toward the lake.

"Humph. What their need is a little moonlight. Me? I have to be smooched," Jean-bob said to the group.

"No fear." Puffin said, getting the group's attention. " all you need is to fly to your prince. We bring him back to the lake; the moon comes up, you change back into a princess and..."

Puffin makes a wedding sound to then picked Jean-bob bride style.

"Happily ever after." He finished with a laugh.

"How will we find them?" Isabelle asked, looking puffin. He drops Jean-bob, looking at them in shock.

"You don't know where he is?" Puffin asked surprised.

"We don't even know where we are," Odette said, shaking her head.

"I bet he does," Speed said, looking at the castle.

"Oh, that's a great idea. Just say, 'monsieur Rothbart, I'd like to leave now. Do you have a map or something?' Jean-bob said sarcastically.

"That's it!" Isabelle's enthusiasm said.

"A map!" Isabella, Odette, and puffin said together.

Jean-bob screams and covers his mouth with a panic look.

"Let's do it!" Isabelle glances to the castle ahead, a beam of determination flickered in her eyes.

{Isabelle}
We're off on a mission
We're tough; in good condition

{Puffin}
We're short

{Odette}
But standing tall!

{All together}
No fear!

{Odette}
There's danger around us

{Jean-Bob}
They'd hurt us if they found us

{Speed}
Our backs are to the wall!

{All together}
No fear!

{Isabelle, Odette}
Cause we have all the courage we require

{Puffin}
Take it from a frequent flyer

{Isabelle, Odette}
Try your luck

{Isabelle, Odette & Puffin}
Our plan will fly

{All together}
No fear!

Isabelle and Odette fly past a window, gasping as stopping at a halt; as they locate a map hanging on the wall to then head back to the group.

"It's hanging on the wall, In the upper chamber, " Isabelle informed to her
friends.

"Isabelle and Odette will keep a lookout while we get the map," Puffin reports,  looking toward Speed and Jean-bob.