(Prologue) Chapter I

(AN: Hello, readers-chan! This is my second story on Wattpad, and I hope you all like it. I am still an amateur in writing novels, but I believe I am getting a little better, so be free to comment or correct me if you see a mistake in my plot)

~~~

I was sitting on the hallway floor, watching as my father passed back and front of the hall with an anxious expression. He occasionally strokes my head as he passes by.

Once upon a time, there was a king named William who ruled a large and mighty kingdom with his beloved young daughter Isabelle. And he was anxious, for he was having a new baby, which means a new member for the royal family.

Suddenly, a maid comes rushing, holding a pink bundle in her arms. She happily hands it to the king.

Then, happily, a daughter was born, a princess.

Smiling, the king took the baby girl in his arms, and he turned to me.

"Come, Isabelle," Father calls me in a soft tone. I dash to his side eagerly. He gently took my hand, and we went to the balcony.

And she was given the name Odette.

The king holds up the baby as the crown below exclaims and cheers loudly, then he turns to me.

"You are a big sister now," Father said, making me giggle cheerily.

A few months later, I'm standing beside my new baby sister's cradle as the crown begins to fill the hall. Odette makes some gambling noise that makes me almost squeak in cuteness. I mean, can't you blame me? 😅

Kings and Queen come from all around to offer their gifts to two children. Among them was the widow uberta. And...

"Isabelle!" I turned around at the sound of a voice calling me; two familiar young boys running towards me with wide grin. The first one has medium-brown hair with blue eyes, along with another young boy who appears to be a little younger than him who also has medium-brown hair but has it curly with blue eyes.

Her two young sons, Prince Derek and his younger brother, Prince Christian.

I smiled as I greeted them with enthusiasm. I have known them since we were little cause our parents were friends for a long time, so we spent many times together. Derek approached me and offered me something shining on his palm. I gasped as he showed me a gold locket with a rose engraved on the front; it was beautiful. I gently take the locket and then embrace him with a happy smile.

Derek blushes to a different variant of reds before he hugs me back.

I will tell you a little secret. The truth is that Derek has a crush on Isabelle, but he doesn't know how or, mostly when to confess his feelings.

We break apart and then approach Odette's cradle; smiling Christian offers Odette a locket similar to Isabelle's, but this one has a swan on it. Odette made some happy gurgling as she saw the golden locket and Isabelle's sight ( More Isabelle's face than the locket).

King William and Uberta watched the scene adoringly with a smile; then, their eyes went wide.

It was then that William and Uberta happened upon the same idea.

They look at each other and then nod at each other with great smiles. They turned back to the children.

Their children will be brought together each summer in hopes that they will fall in love and join their kingdom forever. But unknown to all was another plan, that of the evil-enchanted Rothbart. The princesses were of little concern to him.

Rothbart stares at the two youngest princesses with a dark interaction before he leaves the room.

For he was preparing to take William's kingdom using the forbidden arts.

Rothbart made some movements with his hands, and suddenly, the image of William smiling appears, Odette on one arm and Isabelle on the other; he kisses each of her daughter's foreheads before bringing them together in a tight hug; laughter echoed in the cauldron before the image change into a beast-like dragon form.

But on the eve of his assault, William attacked!

The king's guardians burst into the room, breaking and trashing everything with their swords.

And Rothbart's powers were plunged into darkness.

~Time skip~

Despite calls for his death, the enchanted was only banished.

Rothbart rudely pushes the two knights off of him before turning to William. "I'm not finished with you yet, William. Some day, I'll get my power back! and when I do, everything you own, everything you love, will be mine!" Rothbart said with hate. William just glared at him and pointed down the road. He watched the enchanted walk away, but the threat was still repeated in his mind.

Many feared King William as too kind. But in time, the threat was forgotten, and all hopes

Rothbart rudely pushes the two knights off of him before turning to William. "I'm not finished with you yet, William. Some day, I'll get my power back! and when I do, everything you own, everything you love, will be mine!" Rothbart said with hatred.

William just glared at him and pointed down the road. He watched the enchanted walk away, but the threat was still repeated in his mind.

Many feared King William too kind. But in time, the threat was forgotten, and all hopes turned to that faithful summer.