Chapter VII

Isabelle's P.O.V

Slowly I begin to regain consciousness as the sound of the crickets bursts into the heavy night. I start to lift my body, but for some reason, my body feels unnatural, as if it is trapped in a warm cloak, and why do I feel so lightweight? I looked around, wondering where I am; for the look of it, it appears to be an old abandoned castle, and in front of me, there a beautiful lake.

'A lake in a place like this? Wait, what about this place? What I'm doing here? Where is Odette?!' I think, as those questions popped into my head, a stabbing pain washed over me.

I groan and start to raise my hand to touch my head. I freeze at one point in horror at the sight in front of me. Instead of a human hand, I see a bird feather?!

'what the?!'

I rush to the lake to look at my image, and what I saw froze me in horror and shock; instead of a human reflection, there was a swan ?! I looked at myself, still scared. I have golden-colored feathers while the tip was slightly white. My brown eyes remain the same, but still! Before a shriek could reach my throat, I heard a distant voice speak on the other side of the lake. I spy behind bushes to look; I spot an old, middle-aged man is standing in the lakeside with another woman standing beside him feeding breadcrumbs to another swan.

I stay quiet, as possible behind the bushes, then gasps as I heard their conversation.

"Now, don't let my little spell make you sad, Odette. It doesn't even last the whole day," Rothbart says; Odette glared at him.

"As soon the moon comes up," Rothbart says as he points out to the moon, as soon as Odette and I turn to the full moon, the water below us started to glow, I watched with surprise as the water begins to tour all of me to then dissolved. I look at myself again and see that I turned back into a human, my clothes were changed into a beautiful long-leave white dress, and adorned golden-white flats replaced my shoes.

"Now, don't let my little spell make you sad, Odette. It doesn't even last the whole day," Rothbart says, Odette glared at him.

"As soon the moon comes up," Rothbart says as he points out to the moon, as soon as Odette and I turn to the full moon, the water below us started to glow, I watched with surprise as the water begins to tour all of me to then dissolved. I look at myself again and see that I turned back into a human, my clothes were changed into a beautiful long-leave white dress, and adorned golden-white flats replaced my shoes. I gaze ahead and see that Odette was also back in her human form.

"And that's how it works every night," Rothbart says as he watches Odette walking off towards the lakeside. I decide to get a little closer but not enough for them to detects me.

"You have to be in the lake, of course, and when the moonlight touches your wings," Rothbart pauses as a sinister smirk spread on his face. I frown with suspicion; something about this man makes my blood blow in hate.

"Now, look, Odette, this sort of thing doesn't give me any pleasure. Well, maybe a teensy bit, but what I really want is your father's kingdom," Rothbart finished with an evil glim in his eyes to my sister, who has her back facing him.

"Take it, then. You have enough power," Odette says with hatred and anger in her voice as she turns around to face him. Rothbart shakes his head mockingly.

"Naw tried that already. Once you steal something, you spent your whole life fighting to keep it." Rothbart smirk before magically made appears a hologram of me with a wedding dress?!

"But if I marry the heir of the throne~" Rothbart changes the scenery to a wedding chapel, the guests bowing. He made appears a golden crown on his head and put an arm around my waist, well, the hologram of me.

"We'll rule your father's kingdom together, legally. King and Queen, you know?" Rothbart says, smirking as he caresses the hologram cheek, who has a monotone face with no emotion on it, like an emptied doll.

"NEVER!" Odette says the word that has been pass my mind, breaking the illusion. "I NEVER HAND MY SISTER TO YOU!! " Odette begins to run away to the entrance's stair, probably in search of me. As I about to go out of my hidden, Rothbart burst again.

"Where are you going? As soon as moonlight leaves the lake, you and your sister will turn back into a swan," Rothbart says, making Odette stop on track and look at him in hysteria; Rothbart laughs as if he knows what she was thinking about.

"Yes,  I enchanted your sister. Calm down. I didn't harm her. But still, you're going to change back no matter where you both are, " Rothbart finished with a grin. I place a hand over my mount in despair ( then that means we can't leave this place?!)

I wait as Rothbart leaves before carefully sprints to Odette. As I get closer,  I hear sobbing coming for her.

"Odette?" I call her name softly; she gasps and turns around to see me from a short distance from her. She let out a mix between a gasp and cry before runs to me.  I open my arms with a soft smile before being trapped in a firm bear hug. I gently caress her head as she sobs heavenly on my shoulder.

"Isabelle...He...He...Father," Odette says between in sobs, but I gently hush her.

"Shh, Shh, I know, I know, I heard everything," I hug her more tightly as tears begin to roll out of my eyes.

We both crying into the night, hoping something comes to helps us, as our sobs echoed in the vast twinkle sky.