Chapter X

( HIYA! 🌠 🎀 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓃o𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇, 𝓈o𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒾𝒻 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝒶 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒  𝓉❁ 𝓅𝓊𝒷𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒾𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈o𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉  𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓎 🎀 🌠)

Just then, a white and black puffin bird was flying ahead; an arrow was stuck in his right-wing. It groans before faint in midair. Odette and I gasp as we turn around, catching a glimpse of him falling on the ground. We all crowd around it.

Isabelle:

"Do you think he's dead?" Speed asks us

"No,  it's just his wing, I think," Odette said with a raising eyebrow.

"A strange-looking bird," Jean-bod said, inspecting him. I crouch down to the ground.

"Poor fellow, you must be in a lot of pain," I said, worried. "Guys, hold him steady for me."

Jean-Bob holds the head while Speed gets on top of his tummy, while Odette has his injured wing.

"Ready!" They all said at the same time.

Carefully, I took the arrow and snapped it in half, pulling it out, making him scream in pain. Lastly, I ripped a band from my dress and wrapped it gently around his wing.

jean-bob:

"Hello! This is your wake-up call!" Jean-bob said as he opens one eye of the bird

"Hello! This is your wake-up call!" Jean-bob said as he opens one eye of the bird. Suddenly he jolts awake and makes some karate moves, surprising the group.

"It takes more than a pair of pond punks to beat puffin down!" The bird said with a smile. " Hi-ya!.

"Wait! W-we are not going to hurt you," Odette said, getting his attention.

"We've are your friend," Isabelle said with a smile.

"If you are my friend, how come you have an arrow in your hand, eh?" The bird asks, taking the arrow off my hand. He starts to rub the feathered part of the arrow on Isabelle's neck, making her shriek and laugh.

"Yes, The exact kind of arrow I have--" He begins to say before stopping in strack in shock as he saw his bandaged wing; Isabelle's giggle brought back his attention again.

"We took it out when you were laying there," Isabelle said smiling, explaining how all happened.

"You mean you had a chance to...But instead you..."The bird said, surprised as making some movement with his wings.

"Uh-Huh/ Yes," Isabelle and Odette said with a smile at the same time.

"Mesdemoiselles, I apologize," The bird bowing, to then straightens and make a military saluted. "My name is puffin, Lt. puffin."

"It's a pleasure, Lt. puffin." Isabelle said with a cute smile." I'm Isabelle, Princess Isabelle, and this is my younger sister, princess Odette."

Lt. puffin kiss each of the princess's hands with a smile.

"And these are our best friends in the whole world: Mr. Lorenzo trudge-along...." Odette introduces their friend with a smile as puffin bowing in greeting.

"Friends call me "Speed," said Speed bowing with a smile.

"And jean-Bob," Odette said, finished.

"I have no friends, only servants, and they call me "Your highness," Jean-bob blunt trenching his hand toward puffin. He looks at it perplexed.

"Thinks He's a prince," Speed whispers to a confused-looking puffin. He clears his throat before continuing.

"I owe you, princesses, and I intend n staying until my debt is paid," Puffin said, inclined toward the princesses.

I don't think there's much you can do," Isabelle said in a sad voice. "He has us under a spell."

"Wha...?! You mean a magical...," He looks at his hands in shock, thinking that he was responsible until he noticed that all the panorama around him shone with sparkles; meanwhile, the princesses knew specifically who was behind this, watching everything with a scowl. The whole area changes to a beautiful sunny garden, The flowers fill the entire ground. The leaves of the trees changed cherry blossoms of pink and green while the wildflowers danced with the summer wind adorning the newly renovated arbor. Speed and jean-bob pull puffin behind a bush with a yelp.

The princesses turn their back with an annoyed grunt as Rothbart stepped out from behind the arbor wearing shiny gold armor.

"Your knight in shining armor has come to set you free," Rothbart said to Isabelle with false humor.

Meanwhile, speed and jean-bob were struggling to restrain an angry puffin who was about to attack the sorcerers.

"Let me at him, let me at him! I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll..." puffin said, trying to break free of the grip as speed and Jean-bob holding back.

"Chill," Speed said in a monotone and gentle voice.

Rothbart comes closer where the two princesses were standing.

"All it takes is just one little word. Will you marry me~?"Rothbart said; he kneels down in one knee.

"Every night, you ask the same question," Isabelle said, glaring as turning around.

"No, No!" Rothbart said, knowing what happens next.

"And every night, I give you the same answer," Isabelle keeps continuing.

"Don't!" Rothbart shouts in anger.

"I'll die first!" Isabelle finishes with venom in her voice.

As soon she said that the area turns back to its usual self. Rothbart attired change back to his ordinary clothes.

"You are really starting to bug me," Rothbart said with a low growl addressing the two princesses.

"I should think you'd be used to it by now," Odette mockingly said but with a rugged face.

"That's it! Just keep pushing it, but someday I GONNA BOIL OVER," Roth shouts, outraged, looking at them. His face was red as erupting volcano.

"Go ahead then, but I'll never give you my father's kingdom!" Isabelle shouts back firmly, giving Rothbart a final deadly look as he walked two feet away grumbled before pauses and turns around.

"I was hoping either you said you'd be mine, but it looks as if you need another day to think about it," Rothbart said with venom the last part as he is signaling the sky behind them.

Isabelle and Odette turn around in time to see the moon decedent behind some trees, and their eyes go wide.

"No," Isabelle and Odette mourned in despair, waking on the lake's water as Rothbart laughs amused and fiendishly. As soon the moonlight leaves the lake, it began to swirl around the two girls, submerging them completely, and when the water clean, two swans appear on the water replacing the two familiar human girls.

A tear rolled down Isabella's cheek as she sideways Rothbart storming off with a grumbling. Puffin and the other who has watched everything watch the two princesses with painful eyes. Well, all except Puffin, which was rubbing his eyes in case if he just imagined everything and looks again.

"P-Princesses?" He mutters, stunned, gazing at the two now sobbing swans.