Chapter IX

It was night in the enchanted lake castle; a silhouette of a turtle and a frog were standing nearby the fortress moat.

The turtle laughed as he gazed at the frog recollecting reeds.

"Quiet. I cannot concentrate!" The frog said to his friend with a peculiar French accent.

"You've come up with some dumb ideas, jean-Bob, but this one is a doozy," the turtle said as shaking his head to the frog named jean-Bob.

"Ha! Go ahead and laugh. I'll get her to kiss me, and when she does..." Jean bob said as he keeps recollection reeds, pausing with a dreaming expression on his face.

"And when she does, poof, you'll change into a prince," The turtle said, adding a dramatic wave of the hand at the 'poof' part, as a bored expression flash on his face, tired of hearing the same time over and over again ( Jean-bob only nods.) "I know, I know. You've told me."

"Why don't you just give her these flowers?" The turtle points out to the bouquet bluebells (An: I think that's what they are ^^; ) next to him. "These are pretty."

"Ha! What a love dunce. I don't want these flowers. I must have those," jean-bob said, as he signaled to another bouquet of bluebell glowing because of the reflection of moonlight at another side of the most, two alligators were watching the frog with hungry eyes in the water in front of them.

"When she learns that I have risked my life for them, the kissing will not stop!" Jean said, jumping into a tree branch.

"And then you'll change into a prince," The turtle finished as he looks at jean-bob.

"Precisely," he said with a nod.

"Mind if I point out a problem?" The turtle asks as he casually glimpses at the two large alligators.

"I don't take advice from peasants," Jean-bob said as he waves his hand in decline. The turtle shrugs his shoulder.

"Suit yourself," He said. Jean-bob rolled his shoulders in anticipation; meanwhile, the alligators eagerly lick their lips, ready for a snack.

"Flower, kiss, concentration," Jean-bob chants as he was prepared to lunch out the turtle speaks.

"Just curious, how are you going to get back?" He asks. Jean-bob's expression pales in realization before lunch forward with a yell. the turtle flinches as everything his friend gets nearly be chew by the alligators.

"Hurry! Hurry! move up, move up!" The turtle tried to catch him, jean-bob smacks into his shell, with a grunt he says "Close!" making him yell as he lunged out again.

"Oh please! Grab me, grab me!" He yells, overlooking that he suddenly stop by certain someone and he continues. "Hold my arms! Hold my legs! Hold my--" He pauses confused as he glanced behind him. Jean-Bob smiles sheepishly as he faces who saved him.

"Oh thank you, Isabelle." He said at the rather amused princess who was looking at him smiling. "Thank you. Let me have that," he says, gentle grabbing the reed out the princess's hand.

"Silence, you savages!" He let go of the reed it wends flying back to the pond, hitting one of the alligator heads.

'Ha-ha!" Jean-Bob laughs in triumph only to be smacked again on the stomach making falling flat on the ground. the turtle only rolled his eyes.

"What in the world were you trying to do?" Odette asks him, gazing worriedly at him.

"He thought that if--" The turtle begins to explain only to being shushed by Jean-bob.

"I wanted to get those flowers for you," Jean-bob said, the two princesses glance at the bouquet on the other side of the pond.

"What sneaky?" He asked offended,  jumping to nearby rocks. "You deserved a nice bouquet."