60: Scattered memory

Start from the beginning

"Tae, we don't know yet because Yeonjun's real birth certificate is not available. We found only fake ones and the year is different for everyone." Taehyung inhaled sharply and clutched his hair harshly, sliding it to his nape to rub it there. His mind was now showing him the images of the little Yeonjun calling his name.

"Taehyung! You said you'll save me from them. Please don't die! LEAVE ME! TAEHYUNG! NO!" A fragment of his memory made his headache worse as he could see the face of the little one being dragged by a man. The boy looked like him? No, he was exactly like him.

"Y- Yeonjun-" A broken word left his lips, the headache reached its limits like his emotions and in the next second his whole world spun, causing him to fall backward on the mattress.

"TAE!" Yoongi called his name in alert seeing the other's eyes rolled back to his head, lips parted and brows furrowed.

Jimin quickly grabbed some water from the side table and sprayed it over Taehyung's sweaty and tear-stained face but the other was out cold.

"We need to take him to the hospital. That's not good for him." Jimin stated in pure worry, noticing the colors draining from Taehyung's face and his eyes moving beneath closed lids. 

Yoongi nodded, his eyes blown wide in concern and worry for the boy, his little brother. It was Jimin who picked up unconscious Taehyung and both left the house for the hospital.

"I'm so afraid Jimin. I can't lose him now." Yoongi mumbled all while he kept trying to wake up the younger, already on their way to the hospital. Jimin was crossing every limit to reach the hospital as soon as possible and was internally cursing himself for coming this far when he had an idea that the whole reality thing must have such an effect on the younger. The recent events and the past must have triggered his memory. 

"Yoon, please. You've to be strong for him. He will be fine, just kept trying to wake him up." Yoongi just nodded, his own tears were falling now.

"I can do anything for him." He mumbled to himself, looking down at the face he love so much since the day he saw for the first time.

________

"How's he now?" Yoongi asked as the doctor came out of the room.

"He's fine now. He is just mentally disturbed very badly. Try to keep him away from any kind of stress." Yoongi nodded his head.

How can I?

"Can we see him?" Jimin asked this time and the doctor nodded in agreement with some instructions about the medication and diet.

Taehyung was awake but in a daze. His eyes were just focused on the ceiling. His heart was just in pain, utter pain... the pain that was slowly suffocating him. Everything was really a mess. When he agreed to the mission, he wasn't aware of this much horrible past.

"Tae?" A soft and concerned voice that belonged to Yoongi made him look to the side where two were standing.

"Th- they killed my parents and never got the punishment? Why I couldn't do anything back then? Wh- why I was so weak? Why am I still so afraid?" Yoongi marched to his bed and hugged the half-laying boy tightly.

"That's not your fault tiger. You're not weak but young, so little to even understand things." Taehyung shook his head in denial.

There was too much guilt in his heart, he was just drowning in the feeling. Was Jungkook's broken voice not enough to give him the pain that now he had to bear the burden of this guilt as well?