Chapter 16: In his Arms

As perfect as everything seemed to be, there was one thing that was still bothering me. The fans. The cruel comments never really died down much. And no matter what Luke said, they still got to me. I just didn't want Luke to worry about me, so I never told him I was still hurt from what the fans said about me.

"Can I come over :-)" Luke texted me.

I looked like an absolute mess, I got my first hate page that day. My face was stained with mascara, and my eyes were red from crying so much.

"Now isn't a good time." I replied.
"Oops..."
"What?"

Right after I read Luke's previous text, the doorbell rang. My clueless mind didn't seem to touch the thought that it was him, but when I opened the door and looked up, Luke was in fact standing outside my doorway.

"Emma, what the hell?" Luke exclaimed at the sight of my brokenness.
Before I could even start to make up an excuse, Luke took a step towards me and brought me into a tight and warming hug.

"Can I come in?" He asked me, with his hands still tightly rested on my shoulders.
I moved out of his way, signaling that he was able to come in.

"Do you want to talk?" he asked.
"No but I think I need to."

We both sat down on the couch, just like we did when he surprised me with scary movies, except the mood was much different this time.
Without needing any words to explain, I pulled out my phone and handed it to him, showing him the hate page. Right when his eyes processed what this was, I could tell how upset and mad he was. He looked up at me with sympathy in his eyes,
"Emma, I-" he began.
"Don't, it's fine." I sniffled.
"No, it's fucking not fine! Look at you, its all my fault! You don't deserve any of this."
"It's not your fault, maybe I do deserve it."
"You don't."

He pulled out his phone and typed something into it really fast. Once he put it down, tears filled his eyes too. My phone buzzed, at the notification that Luke tweeted something.

"Whoever is sending hate to my girlfriend Emma, needs to stop. What did she ever do to you? She makes me really happy, and that's all that matters. I'm really disappointed in the fam right now." his tweet read.

I looked up at him, with a smile, though my eyes were still shining with tears.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you more."

He pulled me into a cuddle, and I knew that he basically did everything he could do. My arms were wrapped around his chest, and his arms were wrapped around my stomach. In his arms no matter what was going on, I felt safe. No matter how wrong, everything felt right with him.

He kissed the top of my head. and held me for what felt like forever.

----------------------
hey guys :-))

tbh I almost cried while writing this wow otp

sorry for short-ish chapter, I might update again today💕