Chapter 8: "You're prettier."

For the first time in our relationship so far, I asked Luke if he could hang out. But this time, it was going to be a little different. I dialed Luke's number into my phone, and raised it to my ear while it started to ring.
"Well hello Emma." Luke answered.
"Hey. I have a kinda weird question.." I said, unsurely.
"Go ahead."
"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today"
"Sure, but why is that weird?"
"Well, I was wondering if you could bring the rest of the band... not for a fan girl reason or anything like that, but just because they're your friends and I just want to meet them.. you know, as friends."
"Okay, anything you want to do. I'll ask them"
"Ok, cool, thank you. So what do you want to do today?" I asked him, knowing from experience how he always knows ahead of time exactly where to take me.
"Well we can go to the beach this afternoon if you want?"
"Yeah sounds good. 12 ok?"
"Yep. See ya then!"

As he hung up, I sprinted up the stairs to get ready. He would be at my house to pick me up in about an hour. I put on my purple bikini, over it a Nirvana tee shirt and some Hollister shorts. I slicked my blonde hair into a short ponytail, and finally, grabbed my beach bag. Right as I was slipping on my plain black flip-flops, I heard a car honk outside my house.

Ashton was in the drivers seat with his large hands on the wheel, with Calum and Michael sitting in the back. Luke was in the passengers seat with the window down, poking his head out of it. He was looking at me standing in my doorway, motioning me towards the car.

I started towards the black SUV, only turning around to lock my front door. Once I got into the crowded car, Luke officially introduced me to all the boys, even though I already pretty much already knew them. They had me sit in the middle of Calum and Michael in the back, because there was no other spot to sit.

"So, you're the girl Luke will never shut up about?" Michael directed at me, but made eye contact with Luke.
"Shut the hell up, Michael," Luke faced me and covered half his mouth so only I could see it, and in a loud whisper said, "He has no idea what he's talking about." I laughed, and Michael jokingly rolled his eyes at Luke.
"So, Luke told us that you're a fan." Calum changed the topic.
"Um yeah. Well, I was, when I first met him." I responded.
"Then you realized how much we suck, didn't you" Ashton joined in, meaning to be sarcastic.
"Yup, exactly" I jokingly said, and the boys laughed,
"No, actually I don't know, things kinda just changed. I still love your music and stuff and obviously you guys, but it's just different now I guess." I continued.
"Yeah, I can see how it's different. You're kinda dating the lead singer now, so you know. I don't know why though, he's an idiot." Michael expectingly said.
I laughed, and Calum said to me, "I think you know that this is how they always are, its normal for them. I'm surprised you haven't said 'muke af' yet. We're all thinking it."
"Shut the f*** up, Calum the Asian. FOR THE LAST TIME, MUKE IS NOT REAL AND IT NEVER WILL BE." Michael frustratedly told Calum.
"MICHAEL DON'T SWEAR." Ashton scolded Michael, while still focusing on the road, while Michael rolled his eyes.
"Yes it is." Calum replied to Michael, continuing the previous conversation.
"Yes it is." Luke said at Michael, while raising his eyebrows, and we all laughed, except Michael.
"Oh Michael, please, we all know how much you love Luke." I stated while I looked at Michael.
Everyone agreed, and Michael just replied,
"Whatever." and this time, everyone laughed.
Including Michael.

Once Ashton pulled up to the beach, we all immediately dropped our stuff in the sand, and raced each other to the water. It was a perfect summer afternoon, and there was nothing that ever could of happened to ruin that day. We also had a contest to see who could go out the furthest in the water.

"Hey, Luke!" I called over to him, while his back was turned towards me.
The second he turned around, I splashed water on him. It was hilarious, but Michael told me that it pissed him off, so of course I had to try it.
I laughed, and Luke took it as a challenge,
"Oh, you have no idea what you just got yourself into." I screamed and laughed, while splashing away from him. He took a handful of water, and dumped it on my head.
"OH MY GOD LUKE." I said, my straight blonde hair now soaking wet, while I threw a strand of seaweed on his shoulder, then turned around to avoid more water in my face.
"Okay, okay I'm sorry!" Just, look at me babe." he told me. I turned around slowly, just in case he actually was going to splash me again.
Right when my face was visible to his, he expectingly dumped water on my face again. Just when I was about to get him back, he put his hands up and said, "WAIT WAIT HOLD YOUR FIRE," I laughed,
"What?"
"I'm hungry. Can we get out and eat?"
"Sure. What about the rest of the guys?"
We both looked out ahead, and saw that they were all really far ahead of us, so we just walked back to our stuff together and dried off.

Luke shook the water from his hair, and laid out both our towels and we laid on them and watched the sunset together. The sky was a perfect orange pink color, and I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of it. I could feel Luke's sapphire blue eyes starring at me. I looked over at him, and when he saw my eyes looking into his, he smiled.
"What" I asked him, smiling back at him.
"What" he responded.
"Why are you looking at me?"
"Am I not allowed to?" he smirked.
"No, why aren't you watching the sunset? You're missing it, it's really pretty."
he shrugged, "You're prettier."

At that point, we were both lying on our sides, facing each other, starring into each other's eyes. I always found myself getting lost in Luke's. I could stare at them forever. There was only a small amount of space separating us. Before I knew it, I noticed that Luke's face was slowly pulling towards mine. Once there was barley a space between us, he paused, then slowly pushed his soft lips onto mine.

His lip ring felt cold on my bare lips, and after a few seconds, he softly placed his hand on the side of my face. It felt magical, like every flawless detail you dream a first kiss to be. I slowly put my cold, wet hand on his shoulder, and I felt like I never wanted to pull away from him, I never wanted our lips to detach. Nothing else in the world seemed to matter but us, nothing seemed to exist except my love for Luke.

------------------------

OH MY GOD FEELS ASDFGHJKL.

I put in the pic of the sunset because idk I thought it was fitting 😂

Ok so I'm on vacation rn so I can't update until Sunday

CHAPTER NINE ON SUNDAY OK YAY ILY💗