Chapter 10: Alone

Being without Luke, is like not being able to breathe. I need him in order to function. Without him, I feel like a part of me is missing. The worst part is my missing piece is thousands of miles away from the rest of me.

I counted down the minutes until Luke's flight was supposed to land, so I could contact him again. I just wanted to hear his voice. Even a smiley face text from him would complete me. Once the time was right, I called him. All I heard was the ringing of his phone, each ring closer to him not picking up, but he finally did.
"Hey, is everything okay?" he answered.
"NO I MISS YOU."
He laughed, "It's been a day, babe! I miss you too, a lot, but I know we can do this."
"HI EMMA!!!!!" I faintly heard in the background, Michael screaming towards the phone.
"Tell Michael I say hi." I said with a tiny laugh.
"I will, but our ride is here, I have to go. I'll talk to you later, love you!" I could feel his smile through the phone.
"Love you too." I said, and he hung up immediately.

I texted Sydney, knowing she came back from Florida recently. Luckily, she was available to hang out today. We agreed to just have a lazy day together, and watch movies at my place. I brushed my hair and threw it in a messy bun, and kept my sweat pants and Blink-182 t-shirt on. I heard a faint knock on my door, and opened it to see Sydney standing there, with chocolate and three movies in her hands.

Immediately, when I saw her face, I hugged her tighter than I ever have before. I felt like I haven't seen her in forever. Her straight, long strawberry blonde hair was scattered against my shoulder. She pulled away with a smile, her blue, lively eyes glistening into mine.
"I MISSED YOU." She shrieked.
"I MISSED YOU TOO."

She explained to me how beautiful and amazing Florida was, while setting up the movie, when my phone vibrated. I clicked the off button, and it vibrated again. And again. And again. It wouldn't stop. I looked to see that my Twitter notifications were blowing up.

I opened it to see that someone had posted a picture of Luke and me kissing at the airport. My jaw dropped, and Sydney looked over at my bright screen to see the picture, and her eyes widened.
"WHAT THE HELL" She shouted.
"I - I- I don't know!" I was shocked.
"WHO WOULD POST THAT?"
"Overprotective fans."
"What are they saying?"
"Overprotective fan stuff."
"Like..."
"Just calling me a bitch and stuff."
My eyes filled up with tears, while Sydney gave me a look of sympathy.

--------------------
SHORT ISH CHAPTER OH WELL.

**well that escalated quickly**😬

PEOPLE CAN BE MEAN OKAY.

And emma ilysm sorryyyyyy this had to happen in the story😬💖

LEMMA IS STILL MY OTP

Chapter 11 up hopefully tomorrow!