Chapter 7: Scary Movie

The next morning I woke up to my annoying phone vibrating. I grabbed my bag from beside my bed, and began to dig through it.

While I was searching, I came across a dark blue hoodie, that I recognized from the night before. Luke was wearing it. I finally found my phone, and saw a text from Sydney.
"wth emma? I saw on your twitter you hung out with Luke Hemmings." I read her text in my head.
"Oh yeahh... forgot to tell you about that, sorry!" I replied, without telling her that he was actually my boyfriend now.
"It's okay. But jesus, congratulations I guess¿ lol well my parents are taking my to Florida for my early birthday present, so I just wanted to let you know I have to cancel our plans today so I can pack. See ya soon! xx"
"Thank you haha. And ok whatever, see you when you get back I guess, have fun :-)"

I exited my conversation with Sydney, so I could text Luke.
"Hey babe, I saw your jacket in my bag and idk why it was in there lol so when should I return it?" I typed.
"OH GOSH DANG IT. Oh well, I guess I'll just pick it up at your house this afternoon. U busy?" he responded immediately, almost like he was waiting for me to text him.
"No, I'm not busy. Yeah, this afternoon works for me, my plans just got canceled."
"Well lucky for me ;) I'll be over soon."

I rolled out of bed and slipped on my white fuzzy socks. I slowly trudged down the stairs, my tiredness level high, and poured some cereal. As I was eating, my phone vibrated again, but this time the notification was from Twitter. I opened it, to see a banner pop up with the bold words "Luke Hemmings is now following you on Twitter!" along with over 1,000 new followers. I smiled slightly at my bright phone screen, as I heard a knock on my front door.

Not knowing who was standing outside, I slowly opened my squeaky front door to see Luke. In his big hands, was a bouquet of light pink roses, and three movie DVDs in the other hand.
"Surprise!" Luke said with a big smile.
"Oh my god, what's all this?" I smiled, while accepting the roses.
"I told you our next date would be a surprise. So, surprise! I have three really scary horror movies, and some un popped popcorn so, this should be very fun,"

His dreamy blue eyes fell across my fuzzy polka dot pajama pants.
"Well you look absolutely lovely this morning, Miss Emma." he said with a laugh.
"Don't judge I just woke up."
"Not judging. You're beautiful even in polka dot pajamas and a messy bun." he shrugged.
I blushed and asked, "You put your jacket in my bag when I wasn't looking, on purpose, so you would have an excuse to come here, didn't you?"
"Guilty." he said while inviting himself into my living room. He asked me where the kitchen was, and I pointed him in the correct direction.

As he walked down the narrow hallway, I plopped onto the big grey couch and mentally debated which movie we should watch first. When I was about to take the disc out of the case, I heard Luke shout my name multiple times.

"EMMMAAA. EMMMAAA. THERE'S A PROBLEM." he called out.
I walked into the kitchen to see Luke standing in front of the microwave, which had a very little amount of smoke coming out of the top of it.

"I think burned the popcorn." he embarrassingly said, with a giggle.
"How do you even do that?" I laugh.
"I have no idea. I'm not a very good cook, for the record."
"I know, but this isn't even cooking. Its putting a bag in a microwave."
"I guess I just suck that much." he jokingly stated, and we both laughed at his stupidity.

Once we put the almost black popcorn into two bowls, he followed me back into my living room as I put in the horror movie DVD.
We both were sitting on the couch, my legs curled up in a ball to my chest while Luke's arm was around my shoulders. We would both laugh at each other's reactions, whenever there was a jump-scare.

Randomly, in the middle of the movie, Luke stated, "This is easily the worst popcorn I have ever had."
I laughed, and agreed.
"Are you scared?" he then asked me, once he caught me not looking at the TV screen for a long period of time.
"Kind of." I replied with a shrug.
"Well, you're safe with me. I would never let anything happen to you. Especially if a killer clown was ever chasing us with a knife." he pointed out, referring to the movie we were watching.

This basically repeated throughout the other two movies. He would jump, I would laugh, I would jump, he would laugh. Once we finally finished all the movies, we both decided it was best if he went home, considering all the homework I still had to do.

He grabbed his jacket and threw it over his arm. Purposely, he left the three movies on my coffee table for me to keep. On his way out, he turned around and said,
"Are you sure you don't want me to stay? I mean, I am pretty amazing at algebra."
"It's okay. My mom's going to be home soon anyways, and will practically force me to start my homework." I giggled.
"Yeah, that's probably best. Also considering I dropped out of school and failed algebra..." he stated while biting his bottom lip.

I smiled, and he did too. He turned around and began to walk towards his car. Once I saw him open the car door to his black SUV, I shut the front door.
I started towards the coffee table, and picked up the roses, and my eyes conveniently spotted an empty vase across the room.

I went into the kitchen and filled the glass vase with water, and carefully put the roses in the vase. I noticed a small white piece of paper, and pulled it out.
In Luke's completely messy handwriting, it read,

"I found these roses beautiful, and then I looked at a picture of you and realized that nothing in the entire world will ever be as beautiful as you."

--------------------

IM SO INCONSISTENT IN THE TIMES I UPDATE THIS FANFIC OH MY GOD. SORRY.

mmk so I know I say this everytime but I PROMISE I will update more often. and I also promise that Chapter 8 WILL be up tonight or tomorrow.

and thank you emma for the idea for this chapter bc I was experiencing writers block :-))