Chapter 14: I messed up.

Luke had basically just sent me a series of texts apologizing and stating how he wanted me back. I decided to call him to talk about it. I couldn't just forgive him in an instant after all the pain he caused me, no matter how much I loved him.
"Hi." I calmly said into my phone.
"Hi."
"Sooo..." I started.
"I understand if you can't forgive me. I can't seem to forgive myself either." He interrupted me, with a whimper. It sounded like he was crying.
"Luke, are you crying?" My heart filled with sympathy as I heard him break.
"Yeah, I guess I'm just a mess right now. You came to see me when you were a mess too and I was such an asshole to you, and it scarred me to see you walk away from me. So, if we're going to walk away again can we just get it over with."
"I'm not walking away. What made you change your mind about me? You seemed pretty convinced I was lying to you."
"After you left, Calum came to talk to me about it and told me how upset and broken you were. That made me remember your eyes, how they used to sparkle with joy whenever you looked at me. Then I thought of how I ruined them. How I broke them and you're heart and I can't live with myself like this. I know I messed up and I'm hurting too."

A tear raced down my cheek, followed by another one, then another one. Now I was crying. I never expected it to be so hard to forgive someone you love so much. But I had to go with a feeling I had deep inside me. I bit my lip, waited a second, took a deep breathe and said,
"Okay, I'm forgiving you. I just really need you back."
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah."
"I missed you so much, babe." I could feel him smile through the phone like old times.
"I missed you too." I smiled, as he hung up. I finally felt loved again.

------------------------
YAY HAPPINESS AGAIN

Reallyyyy short chapter so I'm going to update again tonight :-))

lemma is back ladies and gentlemen 👏