⤖ chapter twenty-one

Start from the beginning

"You two seem to get along very well," Suho commented from the video call.

"Great minds think alike." Minkyong pulled a smug look and Baekhyun snorted.

All the while they interacted, one of the boys who was included in the video call stared, his lips curved into a grin but it was rather not genuine. Jongin felt the older who was sitting next to him space out. The other members kept on conversing but Kyungsoo was especially not himself that moment.

"Hyung, you okay?" Jongin nudged Kyungsoo who blinked at him.

"Of course," he said. "I'll just go get something to eat."

"Jongin-a, where's Kyungsoo?" Minseok asked, noticing an incomplete attendance in their call.

Minkyong had already went to get herself a seat and Baekhyun followed, taking the chair next to her and they ate in silence, listening to the exchanges of the members.

"He... went to get food," replied Jongin, unsure of the atmosphere that fell on his hyung.

Baekhyun's brows furrowed, finding it odd. But knowing Kyungsoo, he must have just got bored with the conversation and left. Perhaps Baekhyun thought the lad would stay as Minkyong was there.

***

Minyoung Unnie

unnie

What
Missed me already?

hmm let me think about it real hard

What do you want? Aren't you working?

we're having a break
how's things going there?

We're fine
I'm fine
Dejun just came actually

dejun???
what's he doing there?
idk with u but im kinda getting suspicious with u two

He's my friend of course
What are you saying?

oh pls 🙄

Whatever 🙄
What time are u coming home?

changing the subj like that i see
idk
we're having a celebration later
our producer just got engaged

Okay
Drive home safe
Love you

Love u too bye

"Minkyong-ssi!"

A female crew called, waving at the assistant director's way, motioning her to come over where most of the staff were, preparing to go to the restaurant near the filming location.

"Coming!"

It was like the usual. The restaurant's customers was twice its usual number, and twice the noise as the staff were going on cheers and laughter, sharing random stories about themselves and hilarious moments they shared on set.

Minkyong beamed at Beomseok, the guy who just got engaged, sitting a few seats apart from her.

"How did you two meet?"

"It's a long story," he said.

"We have all the time we need, Beomseok-ssi," said the director. A sheepish smile crept on Beomseok's lips and he went on telling his and his fiancée's story of how they met.