First of all, I'm not a teenager. I'm an Army mom in her 40s. (No, you won't be getting my exact age unless I know you on a more one on one basis.) My daughter isn't really into Kpop herself, but she attempts her best to humor me when I am watching YouTube from my television and streaming nonstop music.

I'm happily married, and this coming August will be our twenty year anniversary. I consider my husband to be not only my partner, but also my best friend.

Regarding who I am as an Army. First of all when I first started Encoded in Our DNA I didn't understand what the fandom names meant. I thought you had to be a card toting member and pay out the money for the yearly membership to be able to be called that. After my Foreword in Encoded in Our DNA I was set straight by some very kind Army readers and I no longer think that at all! Although I kept that paragraph in the Foreword so others could see where I started.

♦ Why Reverse Harem/Why Choose/OT7 romance?

My love for the genre stemmed from more innocent reverse harem animes and KDramas. Then it progressed to not so innocent otome (dating sims), and the polar opposite of innocent reverse harem romance novels.

Why I like them though has nothing to do with an outlook about a poly lifestyle in reality. I personally don't agree with the idea of one woman and several men nor the opposite one man and several women. However I also don't begrudge a person their own choices. What I like about them is the characters themselves and actually seeing how different they are with the main character. How each of their relationships evolved. The dynamic of the concept in general.

♦ Chapter Length

When I first started Encoded in Our DNA I tried to keep the words between 2000 to 2500 not only because of my own writing style, but also because it was what wattpad recommended. I also sort of agreed after reading up on that.

Typically people read on their phones or tablets when they have only a handful of minutes to themselves. Either on a work break or just simply taking a moment to themselves to escape the real world. 2000 to 2500 words on average only take at most about 15 minutes to read, which is pretty perfect for those moments.

Hence, why I implemented that in Encoded in Our DNA at first. Then I had a couple of people say that they wish I would write longer chapters. So, I tried to do that instead.

When it comes to this story in particular I'm going to do what fits for the story at that moment. I will always include the date posted at the top of each chapter as well as the number of words, so if for some reason you are on a break and it happens to be a hefty chapter you realize you might not be able to finish it then.

As of right now I have chapters ranging between 2371 on the low end and 4649 words on the higher end with an average of about 3328 words per chapter. Also, the low end chapter at 2371 is currently the only chapter I have that has less than 2600 words in it.

♦ Text formats and what they mean.

Bold

I will only use bold for my author's notes which I will also include a prelude of either "Author's Notes" or "A/N" beforehand.

Italics

○ Most used will be when the character is thinking to themselves.

○Used to point out a specific term or word, or when making a reference to an existing or fictional resource, book or such.

"Italics" (note the quotations)

This is used when the characters are telepathically communicating with one another.