Chapter 14

"is she even Italian?" Rosalie growled as she held a bowl for Emmett. Next to him was Esme and Dean grading cheese. Dean looked over to his mom who was next to carlisle cutting chicken.

"her name is Bella" Emmett sighed wanting his mate to be nice today. "I'm sure she'll love it  no matter what" carlisle said with a smile. "she better" Eliot mumbled.

"El, be nice" Esme said as Ruby moved over to the other side of Emmett. "I'm always nice" Eliot said to his wife. "ruby?" he turned to his best friend asking for her opinion. "leave me out of it" she laughed.

Suddenly all of them could smell the human moving around the house. The since of smell is one of the things ruby hated about being a wolf, almost every other smell would overwhelm her.

"get a whiff of that" Ruby said scrunching up her nose. "here comes the human" Rosalie mocked. Esme smiled at Eliot and gave him the cheese grater so he could finish the job.

"Bella we're making Italiano for you" Esme smiled as Edward walked in with his new girl friend. Bella smiled awkwardly. "t-thank"

"Bella this is my aunt" Edward said. Emmett smiled big and waved a knife at Bella. Ruby quickly took it and stabbed the tip into the wooden cutting board so it would stand on its own.

Esme and Bella then started speaking Italian and Dean look up at his mother. "what did they say?" ruby shrugged. "I don't know, speak olive garden" she said quietly. Emmett laughed.

"gives us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time" carlisle smiled and wrapped his arm around ruby. That when Bella noticed her. "Ruby..
Are you, you know.."

"vampire?" she asked the glitching girl. "no I'm not, do I know about them obviously" Bella nodded.

"I hope your hungry" Esme smiled trying to get attention away from ruby. In the short time Ruby's known the family she grown close to both Esme and Rosalie. Esme knew Ruby didn't like the attention on her and they all agreed Bella didn't need to know Wolves existed too.

When Bella smiled at Esme's comment Edward drop a bomb shell. "she already ate" Rosalie snapped and shattered the bowl of salad in her hands. Ruby sighed and moved over to the other side of the counter as Dean moved to Esme so she could pick him up.

"perfect" Rosalie growled. Emmett sighed and moved to her side. He put his arm around her trying to calm her down. "Roses it's alright" ruby smiled to the blonde.

That's when Bella became even more nervous and started really glitching out. "w-well I know you guys don't eat s-so" she started and Esma nodded knowing what she ment.

"very considerate of you" carlisle smiles and walked behind Ruby wrapped his arms around her.

"ignore Rosalie, I do" Edward told Bella. "hay Edward come on" ruby said as carlisle rested his chin on her shoulders wanting this encounter to be over.

"yeah, let's just keep pretending like this isn't dangerous for all of us" Rosalie said getting angrier.

"I would never tell anyone anything" Bella said trying to stay calm. "I think she knows that" Eliot said.

"well the problem is you two have become public now soo..." Emmett started but Esme and Ruby cut him off.

"no, she should know" Emmett sighed and put his hands up giving up on keeping Rosalie calm. "the entire family will be implicated if this ends badly" she said looking over to the two new members of the family. Dean sighed and rested his head on Esme's shoulders as he still remained in her arms.

"badly as.... I would become a meal" Bella stuttered. The oldest cullen brothers laughed at her response. Eliot smirked and shrugged his shoulders and Carlisle hid his laughter in his mates shoulder.

Before it could get worse for Bella, Alice and Jasper came in through the open window. Alice took Jasper hunting before he had to meet the human. "hi Bella! I'm Alice" alice smiled and hugged Bella immediately. "Alice what are you doing?" Edward asked.

"don't worry me and Bella are going to become great friends." Alice responded. Carlisle cleared his throat and looked over to Jasper as he looked extremely uncomfortable.

"sorry Jasper is our newest vegetarian, it's been a little difficult for him" Jasper nodded trying to put on a smile. "it's a p-pleasure to meet you"

"don't worry Jasper you won't hurt her" Alice reassured. Dean looked over at Jasper and smiled. The child never failed to put a smile on any of the family members faces. He waved at Jasper from his spot with Esme. Jasper showed him he was okay with a small smile.

Edward sighed. "I'm gonna show you the rest of the house" Edward looked so embarrassed as he pulled Bella away.

"well I expected that to be worse if I'm honest" Eliot sighed as he feed a bread stick to Dean and ruby's dog.

"she so cute" Esme smiled. "I think it went well" carlisle said looking over to his mate.

"clean this up right now" Esme said to Rosalie as she pointed at the broken glass. "what are we gonna do with crap?" Eliot asked.

"it won't go to waist, I'll take it Emily's house and the pack will eat it" she said smiling at carlisle.

As the family were cleaning up carlisle tool ruby's hand and pulled her out of the kitchen. "where are we going?"

"it's a surprise" he said walking up to an open window. She gave him a questionable look as she was pulled on his back. "close your eyes and hold on tight"

He leaped out the window and begin running at full speed. Ruby shielded her face in between his neck and shoulder as the window blew at rapid speed around them.

They suddenly stopped. "you can look now Love" she lifted her face from his shoulder and looked around. It was a beautiful water fall. The sun shined brighter there and the grass was greener. It was peaceful and perfect.

"wow" she said with a smile. "you like it?" he asked standing behind her and pulling her to his chest. "it's beautiful"

Carlisle sat down on one of the flat stones and pulled ruby down with him. She sat between his legs with her back to his chest. "this place is amazing" she whispered and laced her fingers with his.

"this is our spot now..no body knows about this place but us" he said with his head on her shoulder. Ruby smiled and reached behind her running her fingers through his blond hair.

"I Love You" he suddenly said. Ruby turned her whole body so she was setting in his lap now facing him. "what?" she asked. Her heart clinched but in a good way. She looked deep in his gold eyes as a smile appeared on his face.

"I Love You Ruby" she placed her hands on his shoulders and pressed her lips to his. "I Love You too Doc" his hand slid to the back of her neck pulling back to his lips.

"it's always gonna be me and you" he spoke. "I promise"