01- Haiba Lev, at your service!

Lev's POV:

Softly, softly.
tap tap tap
The light sound of my footprints echoing off the walls in this narrow alleyway.

Oh, where are you? I concentrated on the tiniest noises in this alley, trying to pick up any faint clues that may lead me to the location of the cute kitty cat I had encountered earlier.

Then, I heard it.
tap tap tap
The sound of paws running across cold concrete. There! I peeked over a corner and saw the cat, sitting by some discarded boxes, busy cleaning it's white paws. It looked over at me, eyes lazily observing me in the slightest curiosity.

I giggled to myself before stepping closer, reaching out a hand to the cat. It sniffed me, then gave my hand a tiny lick. I took this as an invitation he was alright with my presence and with that, I scooped the kitty cat up! Hehe..I feel like a robber.

Cradling it in my arms like a baby, I held the cat close to my chest and made a run to my school— Nekoma High. I tilted my arm a little to glance at the time on my watch. 26 minutes late. Not bad!

And so, today was my first day of being in the Boys' Volleyball team for Nekoma! I was beyond excited— imagine being able to play beside strong players and having the chance to represent your school in the Nationals? Hell yeah! On my way to school, I was thinking how my potential teammates would be like. Let's see...you'll usually have the tsundere one, the insanely hardworking kid with a tragic backstory, the plain-out cold one, the hyperactive, the quiet one who was dragged to the club by their friend, and...me. The soon-to-be ace of the team! The inspiring, reliable teammate! Someone who everyone looks up to! My name will have that spot~!

I had a stupidly wild grin plastered on my face by the time I entered the school. My heart was thumping so fast and my hair was a little messy by now. Darn you, wind. I spent a solid half an hour getting my hair perfect.

And before I knew it, I was outside the gymnasium where the boys' volleyball club trained at. I could hear the faint squeaking of shoes on the floor and some shouting. I kicked open the door with one leg, holding the cat's front legs up with my hands.

"Good morning!" I greeted.
"Haiba Lev, at your service!"
"meow!"

Yaku's POV: (earlier that morning)

"Kuroo, I heard we're getting a new teammate today?" I walked off the court to sit down beside the captain on a bench nearby.

"Oh yeah. He seems to be of much potential— a great addition to our team. You'll see what I'm talking about when he gets here. I'm thinking of placing him as a middle blocker to strengthen our team's defence." He took a sip from his water bottle before continuing, "I met him in school yesterday, pretty interesting guy. Coach would be fond of him."

I watched the other members playing on the court, taking a mental note of their potential weaknesses. I let out a small yawn, before glancing at the clock across the court.
"Kuroo, he's late."
"Eh let him off a little, it's his first day."
"Kuroo, it's been nearly half an hour now." I grumbled, feeling a sense of irritation pricking my skin. Who's even late on their first day? First impressions much? I let out a long sigh, before stretching my legs out. I should get back on the court, I want to play.

"Yamamoto, spike to me." I stood ready at the back of the court, my legs tense. "ALLLL RIGHT!! Take this!" He yelled, sending me a powerful spike that Kenma had set for him. The ball shot through the air, and hit my arms nicely, producing a satisfying sound. "Nice receive!" Shibayama shouted.

I nodded, before focusing back on the court.
"One more!"

(present time)