Chapter 38: Dark Forest

Hello, I'm back. Sorry for the delay~

C38: Dark Forest

When Gongyang Xinghan opened his eyes again, it was in a dense forest. Those people stood beside him with their eyes closed.

He did not know why they did not open their eyes, but he was the first to wake up.

He quickly ran away.

He found a hidden place and hid.

Sure enough, just as he finished hiding, he heard someone coming over.

It's those thieves!

"Captain, we can't find him!" They seemed very anxious.

"Forget it, this is the famous Dark Forest, I am afraid he alone is not enough to feed the Demonic Beast, let's retreat first, this place is not safe either." The captain said, "When you get back, just say that the mission failed and you didn't get anything. The gold and silver will be sent to the black market for processing."

"Yes, captain"

These people stopped looking for Gongyang Xinghan, especially the magicians in the team. They sighed and said, "What a waste of a light-speed scroll."

"That's right, our "Green Moonflower Mercenary Group" has never suffered such a terrible loss before."

"Forget it. This light-speed scroll was given to us by our employer. It can't be considered our loss ..."

The few of them walked further and further away. Gradually, they stopped talking.

However, Gongyang Xinghan did not dare to move. He was afraid that these people would repeat the same trick and not dare to breathe for a long time.

But I heard a lot.

This mercenary group was called the "Green Moonflower Mercenary Group" and was not the Thief that he thought.

He had accepted a mission this time, and his employer was very generous to have given them a light speed scroll.

The Light-speed Scroll was a Level 10 scroll amongst Light Magics. It was worth quite a bit of money, so this scroll was actually quite interesting.

Gongyang Xinghan had read about scrolls related to light-speed in the Dragon Clan records.

The Light Speed Scroll was a rather unorthodox scroll that could neither defend nor attack. It only had one function, and that was to bring forty individuals with it as far as the speed of light allowed them to leave their original location. As for where they would land, it could either be at predetermined coordinates or at a random location.

However, many people still chose to set their coordinates.

Because no one knew where they could go at random.

It was said that when the Light-speed Scroll was first found, someone had decided to randomly choose, and ended up falling into the Demonic Beast's nest.

Luckily, they were randomly sent to a good place. If they weren't lucky, there was nothing they could say.

Even several outsiders brought down their Dragon Clan at this point.

Think about it, light-speed, how fast is that?

However, this thing could only be used to escape, so this thing also had a rather solid name, it was called "Escape Scroll"!

Since they could only carry 40 individuals at a time, the current trend was that when doing some important missions, the number of people in a team could not exceed 40.

Usually thirty, maybe thirty-five.

If that was the case, he could directly tear up the scroll and escape if he encountered a bad situation.

However, since this type of scroll could be used to escape, the price was very expensive. Furthermore, the person who wanted to create the scroll had to be proficient in both light and space magic, and be able to reach Grand Magus's level before being able to create it.

For the other party to be able to pass this scroll to them, it was clear that the employer behind them was a very influential person.

Gongyang Xinghan waited for a long time until his feet were numb. Then, he slowly stuck his head out and secretly looked around: this place was completely dark, and when he thought about the Dark Forest that he was staying at, he could not help but bitterly smile.

This Another World has ten great forests.

The Dark Forest was the cruelest because the Demonic Beast that lived inside were all very bloodthirsty and there were many of them. It was a paradise for mercenaries and adventurers.

The Forest of Elves was the territory of the elves.

And the Dragon Forest in front of the Dragon City was the territory of the Sub-Dragon Beasts.

There was also a forest in the prairie. It was said that there was a mysterious Moon Lake located in the middle of the grassland.

The rest of the Green Light Forest was rich in medicinal herbs.