Chapter 1 | Past Part I

8 year old Y/n's POV

It's been 13 months since I got my quirk, and all I have heard from that day every night while I'm in bed were my parents arguing down stairs. Their voices would rise with the sound of breaking glass and smashing objects as I sit next to my closed door, cuddling my stuffed Eraser Head plushy, with hot salty tears rolling down my chubby rosy cheeks while I listen to their shouting.

"THE GIRL IS YOURS ISN'T SHE?"

"LIKE I TOLD YOU YEARS AGO I ADOPTED HER!"

"THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN HER GETTING SOME OF YOUR QUIRK THAT SHE STILL HASN'T REALISED SHE HAS?"

'What does she mean some of Dad's quirk? His is time control mine is teleportation.' I thought to myself as I listen in on more.

"SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?"

"I-is she h-hers?" Mother stopped shouting and throwing things around and I could only hear low voices.

"... I-I... y-yes..."

"Take her and leave..." Her voice not much above a whisper, and yet I could still somehow just hear.

"What?"

" I SAID LEAVE! TAKE HER BACK TO WHERE SHE BELONGS!"

"I-I can't do that..."

"And why the heck not?"

"Because the girl belongs here... the girl is better here..."

"I don't want her here, can't she go to that woman?"

"No... I'm afraid not... but to make you happy I will leave."

"Not without the girl."

"Goodbye..." the front Door closes with a click.

"I SAID NOT WITHOUT THE GIRL!!!" Mother cries out at the door.

Silence...

I hear foot steps on the wooden stairs as I quickly run and jump onto my bed, fumbling with the covers trying to get them on me as quickly as possible. I close my eyes just as my door creaks open as the light from the hall way touches my face. I hear an angered grunt and the door is slammed shut jolting me to sit up quickly from shock.

Questions flooded my little brain; 'What just happened? Who was adopted? What does adopted mean? Who were they talking about? Where did Dad go? Is he coming back? [Honey he gone to get milk😐🤣] Why did mum sound so angry?" The questions were never ending as I hug my Eraser Head plushy and rock myself to sleep.

***

⚠️Trigger Warning Abusive Speech⚠️

The next morning I'm woken up by my mother forcefully opening my door and smashing a beer bottle on my floor. My eyes shoot open from the noice my hand reaching to my heart trying to slow it down.

"GET UP YOU BRAT!"

I rub my sleepy eyes confused on why she called me a brat. "Mum? Is everything ok?"

"I TOLD YOU TO GET UP! *Hiccup* WE ARE TRAINING BECAUSE YOUR WEAK AND PATHETIC LIKE YOUR FATHER!"

"Where is Dad?" I ask hesitantly.

"GONE! *Hiccup* AND YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TOO!" 'What did she mean by he's gone and that I should be too? Why is she swaying? Is she sleepy? Why is she acting like that?' I think to myself getting out of bed and being careful of the glass spread out on the hard brown wooden floor.

***

"Mum *huff* I'm tired, can we please stop? *huff*" I ask out of breathe from training from 5 in the morning  and it was currently 10 at night.

"AGAIN!" She demanded. I take a final big huff of air as I teleport back and forth in the back yard trying to attack a flying laser robot. [Ya'know the ones from Star Wars that Luke had to train with? Well the laser robot is that] It's laser hits me in my left upper arm leaving a small burn mark. The heat stung like the rest of the burns all over my body. I collapse to the floor from my body crying in pain and tiredness.

⚠️Trigger Warning Physical Abuse⚠️

"GET UP BRAT! YOU'RE NOT DONE YET!" She yells at me picking me up off the floor by the collar of my shirt.

"I-I can't... M-my body can't move... I'm so t-tired and it hurts."

"OH IS THAT RIGHT? "I'm TiReD aNd My BoDy HuRtS." WELL THAT'S TOO DAMN BAD! I WASN'T HAPPY WITH YOUR TRAINING!" She mimicked me and drops me. ["I'm tired of this grandpa" "well that's too damn bad" haha tiktok] She takes a small step back away from me when suddenly a heated pain stings my left cheek. I put my left hand up to my cheek tears pooling in my eyes threatening to spill as I look up at my mother who has hatred in her eyes.

"YOU MAKE ME SICK, *KICK* YOU ARE A WASTE OF AIR, *SLAP* HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU, *PUNCH* YOUR E/C EYES REMIND ME SO MUCH OF THAT BASTARD, *KICK* YOU ARE NOTHING BUT MY STUPID STUDENT AND YOU DESERVE NOTHING!" She continued like this for an hour, and I let her, believing everything she said, her throwing punch after kick after slaps at me leaving me bloody and bruised. After she grew tired she left me a bleeding mess laying on the grass to go do what ever she wants to do.

I cry as I slowly yet painfully lift myself up onto my shaking legs. I grab the gardening hose with my small bloody hands and wash away the blood off the grass. Once that was done, I hobbled into the house and up the stairs avoiding my mother in the process and going into the bathroom. I lock the door sliding down the door and crawling to the cupboard under the sink searching for the first aid kit.

I remembered how dad showed me how to clean wounds and treat them if I ever needed to help someone. I get a hold of a black towel standing on my toes to hold it under the warm running water to clean my cuts and bruises. I patch myself up and rinsing the blood out of the towel and watching the bloody water drain into the sink drain. I pack away everything from the first aid kit and clean up any other mess I made in the process.

⚠️End of Trigger Warnings⚠️

I bring the first aid kit with me into my room hiding it in one of my side table draws think it be best to have it in my room just in case, hoping I wouldn't need it again but knowing this wouldn't be the last.

____________

HIYAAAA, hope you enjoyed this chapter and welcome to those who have joined from the old version of this book that I ended up not liking how it was turning out so I rewrote it, and here it is. Also welcome to those of you who are new and thank you. If there are any mistakes or something that doesn't make sense please let me know it would be greatly appreciated and don't be afraid to comment cause I love reading comments on other fan fictions they are always so funny to read and make my day. Now...

ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER...

Word count just in case y'all actually care... 1198