T W E N T Y - T W O

Start from the beginning

"Right," Mr. Damon nodded. "So Paige, what's the problem?" he asked me. Once again, everyone groaned inwardly on their seats.

"Hasn't Suho talked to you about it yet?" Tao asked.

"Tao," he suddenly called him and Tao tensed up. "Don't act sassy, I'll hit you again."

I couldn't control it any longer. I laughed loudly. Everyone looked at me and gave me a confused look. Why? They're funny! Their father's personality is way too different compared to what I expected.

"Sorry," I coughed. "It's just that... I'm not used to such a set-up." I grinned.

Mr. Damon nodded. "I like this girl," he chuckled. "Paige, I'm not like my older brother. He's uptight, grumpy and way too serious. Meanwhile, I'm just a demon that wants fun and games and usually foolish. That's probably why he never accepted his defeat, he just can't accept the fact that he got defeated by someone with the likes of me." he narrated.

"I expected that you're both serious and scary and that you're always at each other's throats since you were young." I honestly answered.

"Not at all," Mr. Damon shook his head. "I only got serious when I had to fight him for their mother." he said as he rested his head on his palm. "Ah... the things you do for love," he said as if he was reminiscing.

"Father, you're missing the point." Kai interrupted.

"Oh how I miss my dear Helena," he then looked towards me. "How about you Paige? Are you in love?" I was taken aback by the sudden question.

"How on earth did we come to that question?" Lay asked in bewilderment.

"Are you dating anyone or some sort?" he asked once again.

"Can we just please stay focused on the subject at matter?" Suho raised his voice. Mr. Damon grinned and made a gesture for him to proceed.

Seriously... they're one heck of a weird family.

"As you know father, uncle has been messing with us... particularly Paige. Your former employee, Paige's stepfather, is now working with him and they're planning on eliminating all of us." he explained. Suho then faced me. "Explain the rest Paige. Tell him about what Aleister did."

I gulped. I wasn't even prepared that I have to do some explaining. "Well weeks ago, I met him and he said that he," I pointed at Sehun. "Is getting way too strong for his own good and that he's becoming a threat for him, that's why he wanted to get him killed... which he managed to talk me into doing. When I tried avoiding your son, he came into the picture once again and brought us into a situation which we couldn't control." I narrated.

"So my hunch is right. Sehun had something to do with the murder of those university students." Mr. Damon said and I slowly nodded.

"I wasn't fully aware of what I did. I never even knew about my situation." Sehun gloomily said. "I know that's still inexcusable though, it doesn't change the fact that what I did was horrible."

"And I believe you understand why we kept such a thing from you."

"I understand father," Sehun said with a nod.

We kept silent after that. But it didn't take long until Mr. Damon decided to break it, "You're all probably going to think I'm stupid for realizing it just now but Paige is claimed right?" he asked. Based on the expressions on their faces, they're probably thinking of the exact thing. "Don't tell me that the bastard Aleister claimed you!" he slammed his hands on the table.

"Calm down pops. Uncle didn't claim her, Sehun did." Chanyeol answered casually.

Everyone suddenly shot him a warning look. "I should not have said that yet," Chanyeol slapped his forehead.