However, just as my phone's screen went blank, I yelped when I saw my reflection in it. My make-up was completely smudged because of my sweat when I had an oversized crown on my head. My once smooth curls were in a disarrayed 'akdnfhdjdjfbfhej' knots now. I sighed and avoided looking at my face.

I knew that I couldn't hear a single thing from where I was but 'actions speak louder than words.' Like literally. Sitting down on my knees, I hid my entire face under the windowsill except for my eyes. I swear if I could see myself right now, I'd be resembling a perverted cartoon character peeking through the window.

Mr. Miller had stopped circling his tied up captive and had a deep scowl etched onto his old, wrinkly face. He continuously waved the bundle of papers in his hand with a really agitated expression.

Jonathan Williams, on the other hand, though tied up to a chair, was sporting a calm and serene look. He was shaking his head at whatever Mr. Miller was saying.

Maybe Mr. Williams' defiance must have cracked up Mr. Miller's patience because he backed up from his chair and handed over the papers to one of the guards. Straightening up and patting his tie, he began speaking. It was like he was going into a long and elaborate speech about something only God and the men inside the room could hear, understand and know.

Five minutes later, he was still going on with his talk so I turned around and sat down defeatedly. There was nothing more that I could get my hands on.

There were some swirling thoughts buzzing through my head. Why did he kidnap Skye's dad and what were those papers in his hand. Why did that paparazzo, who had been following me, come here? How was I a part of all this? How did I even make it in the picture?

Nothing was making sense and the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I was losing my brain cells.

"Argh." I closed my eyes after quickly sending Shivaay my location and putting the phone back in my pocket. When I opened them back, my gaze landed on the two unconscious guards. An idea was beginning to formulate in my head and I grinned cheekily.

Five minutes later, I had cleaned my face from the smeared make-up after stealing the handkerchief of a guard. Surprisingly, it smelled fresh and clean. To cover up my "scary" joker look, I even wore his suit pants and jacket over my dress. Don't ask me, I was beyond grossed out but not even once did I look at him. However, he was still in his shirt and… boxers.

The reason I took his clothes was because of my - Shivaay's to be precise - dress shoes. I looked down at myself to see the loose pants with my creasy dress billowing underneath the suit jacket. Least to say, I could be the breakdown of the fashion industry. But I didn't have any choice and I wouldn't get naked to wear them plus it did a pretty decent job to keep the cold winds at bay.

I think the champagne in my system was starting to make its presence known because I was laughing when I shouldn't be.

My lip curled up in disgust just at the mere thought of being dressed up like this in front of Skye. I'd be too embarrassed to even face him. I was snapped out of my nonsensical thoughts when I heard a loud groan.

I took a step back as the fully clothed guard slowly opened his eyes with his expression pinched into pain.

"Shit," I muttered but it seemed like he heard me because slowly like a vicious snake, his bloodshot eyes met mine.

Like a trained lion, he jumped upon his feet, his minuscule pain long forgotten. "You bitch," he snarled angrily. Stealthily, his hand slid in his holster for the… gun.

I gulped thickly when he clutched the weapon in his hand as if it was a cell phone. So casually and without any remorse.

My entire body was on an anxiousness spree. Since my heart knew nothing more than just to beat, it was as if it was running a marathon to tell me about the danger level of the situation like I didn't know about it already.