~Chapter 38~

The wedding would be in two days and I had done nothing but sulked in some or the other corners of my sad apartment.

My dad, Angela and Chase had booked themselves a room in a hotel because apparently they didn't want to disturb me. Embarrassingly, they had seen my recent pictures with Skye as well since like before they were making a big hit again.

Least to say, after losing my job and Skye, the only song my mind could stream was 'I'm A Mess' by Bebe Rexha. Even Keith's freelancing was moving at a slower pace than a snail. Even though it didn't bother him, it did to me more than anyone could fathom.

Sighing out loud in frustration and sadness, I glanced at my alarm clock which read 10:17 am. I've been sitting on my bed for more than an hour since I woke up.

As I was running my hands through my hair, it got stuck in somewhere and I groaned out of annoyance. "Great. Just… great!"

Not wasting another second, I decided to take a long, clean and fragrant bath to feel better. Readying everything for my bath, I made a pact with myself to forget about everything for a moment and pay attention toward caring for myself.

After an hour of cleansing myself, I changed into some old pajamas and trudged toward the kitchen. My appetite has been low lately but right now, I decided to make something good for breakfast.

Overnight, my head was churning up with various thoughts when it stopped on the point of looking out for myself. After I had seen that paparazzo through my window, I had filed a complaint against him the next day itself. Although it was dismissed by giving me a reason that I was "too drunk and must be hallucinating".

Not even once did they think that my pictures were being used for gossip everywhere and that my case was true. I couldn't blame them though because I was already an item for the media. What more could they do about it? Besides I had no proof against him because he didn't even do anything to me. Yet. And that very simple thought sent chills down my spine.

Just as I had taken a seat on the barstool, my doorbell rang and I exhaled through clenched teeth. Scuffling toward the main door with my weary feet, I wondered who it could be.

To be cautious, I peered through the peephole and was shocked to see Angela along with my… friends? What are they doing here?

Quickly opening the door, I passed them all a befuddled look. "Am I in trouble?" I joked but they didn't in the least bit seem amused by it.

Angela's concern skyrocketed as she placed her hand on my arm. "Sweetie, are you okay?"

Before I could reply, Shivaay spoke, "Jeez, no offense but you look like shit, VVJ." And with that, he sauntered inside my house with everyone reluctantly following behind him. "But I'll give it to you that you can damn well pull it off."

Chelsea shook her head, annoyed. "Shut up, Shiv. You're not helping," she scolded him.

However, I, on the other hand, started laughing at his words. "I'll take that as an insult. And no matter what, I don't wanna pull off the "shit look"."

Shivaay winked at me. "That's my girl. You people should stop fretting over her. She doesn't even seem to mind besides she's such a cool drunk."

Everyone started smiling at that while I felt like I was left out of the loop. What was even more puzzling was how did Angela know my friends? "Okay, what? And how are you all…?" I trailed off with uncertainty.

Angela came forward and slung an arm around my shoulder before leading me toward the living room. The structure of my place was pretty simple and everything could be spotted at the first glance, making it easy for Angela to see it as well.