~Chapter 10~

I was going through the worst overweening emotions. Out of all, anger, annoyance and hurt were bubbling over on the verge of me having a breakdown.

All the events of yesterday swirled through my mind until I reached my workplace. Once I got into my character which my work station gave me, I forgot all about what I had witnessed across the bridge.

I could have been and felt the same the whole day if it weren't for Skye Williams himself. It was an hour or so before noon when I made my way to the coffee room. However, as I exited, I saw him walking toward Ms. Maxwell's office.

My face broke out into a greeting smile when I passed him but he didn't even give me a second glance. He looked right through me and yet acted as if he didn't recognize me. A foreign impassive look was indented on his face and my heart skipped a beat. It was the worst feeling ever.

That's when everything came back rushing to me. The silhouette of a tall woman. Is that why he's giving me the cold shoulder? Pretending to not know me?

As angry as I was, it all subsided down because of the hurt I was feeling. Dumping my coffee in a nearby trash can, I took off in the direction of the restrooms.

Once in, I stood in front of the mirror and sighed heavily. I was confused as to why it was affecting me so much. A simple liking toward someone shouldn't bother me so much but here I was. On my wit's end.

I splashed a handful of cold water on my face to get rid of all the warmth I was feeling. I closed my eyes but was soon startled when I heard the door click shut.

Quickly composing myself and masking my features into one of nonchalance, I turned around to come face to face with none other than 'That Lipstick Girl' as Chelsea likes to call her. From this close, anyone could be drawn toward her exquisite Asian features.

Just like me, she went toward the mirror and examined her face before pulling out a red lipstick from her handbag. Looking at me from the corner of her eyes for a second, she went back to coating her already red lips.

"Hey," I mumbled, smiling at her. I don't know why I greeted her but it must be because I wanted to first-hand witness Chelsea's assumption about her. I wanted to know if she really was arrogant like everybody made her out to be.

When she didn't glance at me nor gave me any reply, I took it as a sign that she really must be arrogant. I squinted my eyes when I realized that she wasn't even applying the lipstick but was rather pretending to. I could tell that because there was a miniscule space between her lips and the stick to fool the onlookers. My eyes widened at it and I stifled a gasp.

I stood still and tried to catch her attention once again. I felt that at this point I was just embarrassing myself. But her putting lipstick in the air topped my curiosity even more.

"Hey!" I said, this time louder and yet she didn't even move a single muscle. Even her ears didn't perk up at my exclamation.

Someone from one of the stalls exited and gave me a weird look and stink eyes. I passed her an apologetic smile before she left the restroom.

With a sliver of my dignity remaining, I decided to pull one last card. A card that my dad taught me with a catch line, saying that nobody could resist it.

I waved my hand and the action must have caught her eyes. She looked at me through the mirror before turning toward me. Crossing her arms across her chest, she raised an eyebrow with the red lipstick still in her hand.

I was amazed that this actually worked. It's a psychological trick. A person wouldn't want to be seemed as deaf and blind. "Hey," I repeated with a smile while she just frowned.