~Chapter 33~

I had left my apartment as soon as I'd received Skye's message saying that his house was clear of all the paparazzi and that it's safe for me to come over. To say that I was elated and kind of nervous at the same time would be an understatement.

I felt like a teenager rebelling just to meet her secret lover. The feeling of hiding from the paparazzi gave me an adrenaline rush. It was like we're both staying away from the world, fighting against everyone.

Randomly parking my car on the gravel pathway leading toward the tree house, I got out with a giddy smile. It was a relief that his security didn't stop me or spared me another glance. It's like they knew I was coming.

Once I unlocked my car, I held in a gasp when I saw Skye leaning against the door of his tree house. "I was scared there for a sec," I rasped out with wide eyes.

He just chuckled and beckoned me to come forward with his fingers. "Why?" He asked me once I was standing in front of him.

"I thought you were an underground shadow lurking around here. I mean, it's dark," I told him, laughing and covering my mouth to hide my embarrassment. "That's just an exaggeration though. So... tell me, why are you standing down here?"

"Waiting for you." He smiled down at me before walking closer to me. Dangling his arms around my neck, he kept on grinning at me lazily. "I wanna show you something."

My heart almost flipped at how beautiful he was looking with his hair falling in his eyes. His eyes were twinkling with an unforeseen excitement and I matched his exaltation. "Lead the way then!" I chirped.

He seemed like he wanted to kiss me with the way his gaze turned intense and for a fleeting second, it did linger on my lips. Although he sighed and took a step back with a promising look on his face. Taking my hand in his, he led us away from the tree house and toward the back. A giggly smile formed on my lips when he held my hand with a firm yet gentle grip.

I was never intrigued to have a look at the huge expanse of this empty ground with his tree house in the middle of it but I was amazed looking at it right now. I glanced over my shoulder to see that we were a few yards away from it.

Skye tugged on my hand and I turned back to him. "Remember when you'd said that you wanted to see the stars through a telescope?"

I gave him an incredulous look because I had an inkling of where this was going. I could guess what his next words were going to be.

"So here you go!" He exclaimed like a kid in a candy store and stepped aside to reveal a brand new telescope. It was placed on the tripod and I walked up to it with slow and deliberate steps.

My fingers itched to touch it but I was scared that one touch from me and it'll delicately turn into pieces of shreds.

"I never said that I wanted it. I just... wished for it," I whisper-exclaimed but even I could tell that my eyes were filled with hearts dancing inside them.

In a flash, he was in front of me with a gorgeous smile. Leaning closer to me, he stared into my eyes deeply with a smouldering gaze. He put a hand on his chest with an innocent smile. "Your wish is my command, madame," he said. "Plus, it's the same thing."

"Shut up, you devil." I giggled, slapping his chest with the back of my hand. A handsome devil.

We both started laughing and turned toward the telescope. After both of us staring at it for about a second with marvel, Skye kneeled down and started adjusting the half pillar of the telescope.

His brows were furrowed in concentration and lips pouted absent-mindedly. My breath stuttered a bit when he suddenly turned to me and winked. I couldn't tell what it was for but my best bet was that he must have sensed me staring at him.