(19) Joy and Celebration

~1 1/2 year later~

"And are you sure everything is set?" Alex asked Wigget for the thirtieth time. Wigget, for the thirtieth time, nodded.

"Yes, Alex everything is ready!" He said agitated and annoyed. Alex nodded nervously and paced around the room. "Okay! Okay! I've got this!" She said anxiously trying to reassure herself. Wigget placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Everything is going to be perfect," he says calmly.
——

"You think they're ready?" Cathy asks Anton impatiently, following with her eyes Azrail and Ariel as they run around the room.

"Chill out Cath, Alex is probably ready and waiting for you," Riley said calming picking at her fingernails.

'Are you ready?' Anton asked as Cathy stood up. 'Remember to breathe,' they signed chuckling.
——

Alex stood in front of a room full of nobles and citizens all excited and honored to be present. She stared at the closed doors and straightened her blue Zenzontle wedding attire. she turned at Hakami, she had never really connected with her father, he was always busy running the kingdom and she was always training but Hakami treated her like his own daughter, he stood up for her when the beatings got worse and when her own parents didn't love her, he did. Hakami looked at her softly.

"I'm proud of you moje dítě," he said smiling.

"Last chance to run," Wigget whispered jokingly to Alex who scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not the one afraid of committing," she shot back at him. His back tensed and he looked at her derailed.

"That's low" he responded as Hakami linked his arm with Alex ready to open the doors.

As the doors were opened and Alex and Hakami began walking down the aisle, music began to play as lord Dribrin waited on the other side.

As Hakami and Alex neared the front, he whispered to her,

"I remember the day I married Rukoi, I was so nervous and worried I had made a rash decision or something like that," he chuckled remembering a fond memory. he faced her in the front of the room and kissed her forehead, "needless to say you're making the right choice. You love her and she loves you and there is a bond like I've never seen. I'm so proud of you Alex, I see you as my own child and you deserve all the happiness in the world," he said smiling as he moved to stand behind her.

"Hello my dear," Dribrin greets Alex with a smile, Alex returned the smile and anxiously turns to look at the doors she came in. Cathy should be walking in any second, she thought excitingly.

She saw a glimpse of honey orange and that alone was enough to start her heart's marathon.

The doors opened and in came Ariel and Azrail with baskets of flowers, Reilly came after them with an apricot-colored dress holding up a burning bouquet of arrows, what Alex had learned to be a wedding ritual done by the Zenzontle as a symbol of those lost. Cathrine walked behind her linked arms with Anton her most valued friend. Alex felt her face moist and realized she had been crying. She rushed to wipe her tears and smiled.

Cathrine looked beautiful, her curly hair was free from straightening, her freckles embraced, and the biggest grin on her face. Alex gleamed at the most beautiful thing on this planet. Cathrine and Alex had chosen to wear a traditional Zenzontle dress that were kimono-like in shape.