(7) Behind the Curtains

Eleytol, Kauldin

"You're highness I propose we make peace with the tribes so they don't hurt any of our citizens," Lord Dribrin addressed the Queen, who was sitting in the war room on a throne. She simply glanced at him and returned looking back to the map as if she hadn't heard him. The generals and high noblemen scoffed at him and some laughed. General Irawli let out a bellow.

"The audacity you have! To think demons would actually agree to peace! I propose that we end the demon race for good! Those leeches have done nothing but harm our kingdom, " he said. He was the general that the Queen had been favoring.  He knew the impact that his words would have. "Especially with the condition of the king decreasing," he said pointing at his empty throne And there was a silence in the room. "We cannot allow savages to run ramped in our kingdom," he declared. The other generals and high noblemen nodded their heads in agreement.

"We can't just eradicate an entire species,"  Lord Dribrin says exhaustingly as he tries to reason with them. The Queen finally entered the conversation and glared right at him.

"Lord Dribrin," she says impatiently. "Must I remind you that you did not acquire your nobility by your own merit. Nor your place in this room. Enough of those foolish bizarre ideas of yours. We are in a state of preparation! We cannot allow these beasts to run amok and spread their impurity! The king is fatally ill, the crown princess was supposed to return yesterday and yet she is absent, it is my responsibility to take care of our kingdom and it's people. And I will NOT have you advocating for the enemy. Are you committing treason against the kingdom your ancestors helped build?" She declared. Lord Dribrin lowered his head

"No your highness, I am not," he says defeated. The Queen narrowed her eyes, frustrated at the fact that a man with such an absurd way of thinking was permitted in the war room. She compared him to a parasite, a bug she had been waiting to squash but was unable to. Especially because the crown princess was involved with his daughter. His disgusting daughter. She snared.

"So your highness what is your plan?" General Irawli asked, grinning as he knew the answer to his question.

"We will wait until they make the advance, as to not seen like a cruel kingdom that attacked first, but we will be ready, and when they do," she grinned, "we will eradicate them," she stood and spread her arms wide "I, Queen Salli command it,"

The generals and high noblemen voiced their agreements. Queen Salli and general Irawli shared a glance

Soon we will be rid of demons for good.

Lord Dribrin looked down at his feet, biting his tongue. If only the king was here, or much more Princess Alex. they'd be able to stop the Queen in her massacre. He thought wishing for a miracle.

Yours, Aegean