Chapter 18: Meeting One Another

In the morning Keyton woke up to her sleeping soundly on his chest and a knock on the door. "Lady Amina... Mister breakfast is served." they called out. Amina sat up and rubbed her eyes, "Thank you!" she replied looking back at Keyton. "Good morning asshole" She said smiling. "Morning-" he replied as she threw herself back on him "I've always wondered are you ticklish?" she said with a devious smile. "Don't you dare," he said, hopping out of bed. "So you are!" she said, starting to chase him. Casimer woke up and she went to pick him up giving Keyton a disappointed look.

They got ready and went down for breakfast, the table was only set for them which was a bit strange. "Are my parents not joining us?" Amina asked sitting upright trying to keep from slouching. "No, my lady, they said they wanted you to get used to this place before talking with your father again." One maid said pouring the drinks. "Oh, I see" She replied looking down at the plates. They were left alone in the dining room as they ate. "What exactly is this?" Keyton asked, confused looking at the plate. She glanced up at him "it's beef now won't you stay quiet there's no talking at the table" she replied with a whisper covering her mouth. "Why are you whispering?" he asked, leaning closer to her. "Ssh, their watching, remove your elbows off the table." She replied, noticing someone by the door at the corner of her eye.

Keyton followed her eyes and noticed the person hiding, "Ah~ I see" He said quickly covering his mouth. She noticed Keyton's shirt sleeves dipping into the soup next to the main course. She tried to hold her laughter, Keyton chuckled watching her struggle but unaware of her amusement. "What's so funny?" He asked, wanting to know. She shook her head and tried to continue eating but finding it difficult. "You're gonna choke idiot" he said, getting a napkin to clean around her mouth. She finally passed her food "Your sleeve" she said getting his arm and showing him. "Oh what the fuck?!" he said looking at it and back to the soup. "Prince Frederick is not going to be happy." She replied remembering how she went to pick up that fabric and Frederick's non stop talking about the quality of the material.

"It shouldn't be difficult to clean right?" he asked, concerned she simply shrugged her shoulders with a wide smile. They finished eating and began walking around, throughout the day they didn't see any sign of her parent's. "Don't you think it's weird that they aren't here?" Keyton asked, looking at Amina who seemed unbothered. "Not really, I was mainly raised by the maids, I hardly saw them before it would be weird to see them a lot now especially after being gone." She replied while playing with Casimer in her arms. "...Oh, then why would they search for you for so long if they were going to leave you alone like this?" he asked again seeing someone trailing behind. "Because I am still their only child therefore only heir, unless I've died the Scales kingdom requires that noble's pass down their lands to their children or grandchildren so who knows maybe Casimer will someday be Viscount of Soranika." She replied chuckling.

"You don't want this?" he asked since just a few years ago he could say this was his dream home. "No, I prefer this life in the background just like I had been doing with... Naeva." She said, starting to get quiet. She noticed the person and she signaled Keyton, they both slowed down a bit and tried to listen more to the steps. "Go on ahead with Casimer." he said, putting his arm around her to push her slightly forward. She scoffed and turned around, "Have my parent's sent you?" She called out with a strong tone to her voice. The person stepped out from behind a column "I'm sorry my lady, You're father has been wanting to be sure of the intentions of your husband." he said looking down. "Is he in his office?" she asked standing up straight. "Y-yes, my lady but I don't suggest you go he-" the person said but she walked past him with Keyton behind her. "Where are you going?" He asked, having difficulty reading her emotions.

"They won't see me but they send men to watch us, those... ugh" She said not slowing down one bit. Once she got in front of the door she handed Keyton Casimer before pushing the doors open to her father's office. "Amina, that is no way to enter a room." He said standing up startled. "Well I'm sorry," she said, crossing her arms and noticing a few folders with a label 'The Shadow Thief'. She picked them up before he could snatch it away, "What's in there?" She asked, getting closer. "It's not something a woman should see," he said, picking up his desk. "Oh~ so not even mother knows you're carrying this investigation?" she said looking around the room to see if she could find anything else. "What would she know," He replied with almost a growl getting angry. Her father glanced over at Keyton who was standing on the side very confused.