Fighting through the pain, Sceptile used his free arm to swing the extended blade deep into Sharpedo's rough skin. But the brutal pokemon didn't let loose, taking leaf blade after leaf blade. Eventually, he succumbed to the pain, falling to the ground, reverting back to its base form.

Now, only one opponent was remaining. I could feel Sceptile's rage overflowing from his body after taking that super effective ice fang. He stared across the field, deep into the eyes of his enemy.

Just then, the portals reopened, three huge orbs of psychic energy crashing into the eruption pokemon. Heavy smoke kicked up as Camerupt let out smaller eruptions to show that he wasn't done yet.

"This battle's over, Sceptile use dragon pulse!"

"Jirachi follow their lead, use dazzling gleam!"

Once more, the two contrasting moves combined into one larger attack. The glowing beam of draconic energy crashed straight into the eruption pokemon, causing her to collapse to the floor, reverting back to its original form.

Matt and Courtney returned their pokemon, knowing that this battle was truly over. They turned with a huff, disappearing into the treeline.

"You know we could easily chase after them."

"Yeah but then we don't get to beat them up again."

May shrugged at my reply, finding it satisfactory enough. In truth, it didn't matter how many times they came back because each time the outcome was the same. A few years ago, when we were younger inexperienced trainers there might have been some concern but now we had nothing to worry about.

Now that the battle was over with, Jirachi floated over to the two of us, hovering beside Sceptile. The forest pokemon reverted back to its base form, leaning against one of the fallen trees.

"Jirachi, huh, who would have thought you'd help us out."

The wish pokemon spun in the air, sparkling as it twisted around. A small smile appeared on its face as it looked to the two of us.

"Wow, you have no idea how long I've been trying to find you Jirachi. Maybe Lucian was onto something back there."

I thought on what May said. As the two became engrossed in their conversation, I thought back to when I met Darkrai for the second time. One of the pages that it showed me told me that mythical pokemon, like Jirachi, only appeared in times of looming crisis.

It was one thing meeting Darkrai in its dream world, but now we were face to face with a mythical pokemon in the real world. That only meant that whatever danger lurked in the future was approaching with each passing day. I turned to Jirachi and its new trainer, a serious look on my face.

"Jirachi, you can see the future right?"

The wish pokemon nodded softly, expecting me to follow that question with another. And so I did, "So you know what's coming?"

Before I could get an answer, three voices called out to us from across the clearing. I looked up to see Dawn, Elaine and Red in the distance, approaching us slowly. Then out of thin air, Dragapult reappeared next to Sceptile, the two pokemon resuming their conversation from earlier.

I looked back to the wish pokemon, realising that I couldn't ask too much. Of course Jirachi knew this too, knowing not to reveal too much about the future. Even if it was a coincidence, not learning the answer to my earlier question meant that I shouldn't ask too much.

"Woah, no fucking way you have a Jirachi!"

Dawn's excitement was evident the moment she laid eyes on the mythical pokemon. Both Red and Elaine were just as shocked to see such a rare pokemon make its appearance.

I hesitated to tell them about what Darkrai had showed me, not wanting to cause a commotion over something that could happen in who knows how long. The five of us decided that we were all done here at the Great Marsh, making our way out through the front gate to give our pokemon time to rest.

Outside the city's pokemon center, our time in Pastoria had come to an end. Even though we had come here to celebrate the festival, the addition of Jirachi wasn't anything I would change.

"Where are we headed too next then?" I looked up to the group, asking if anyone had a lead for our next destination.

"..."

"Yeah, those grunts mentioned something about Sunyshore City so our best bet's going to be there."

Then it was decided. We would head over to the next city at the break of dawn so we could make it to Sunyshore in good time. Red left early, retiring to his room for the night. May turned in, making her way to her room no doubt to continue learning more about Jirachi. Elaine left Dawn and I outside the pokemon center, returning to our room to rest.

"So, uh, Aaron are you not going with your girlfriend?"

I looked over to Dawn who had turned away slightly. She was looking down at her feet nervously and I quickly picked up on what she meant.

"You seem really interested in us." I spoke with a warm smile, making sure Dawn felt more comfortable to open up a little.

The blunette turned away, her cheeks heating up a little. "Wha- What are you t-talking about?" She cleared her throat, looking back to me, her cheeks still flushed rose red.

"You aren't stepping on anyone's toes, don't worry. Elaine and I-" I paused for a moment, unsure how I really felt about her. Sure we had spent a lot of time together in Kalos and we were more than a good match. But in that same way, we were too different. "Elaine and I weren't ever really an official couple. After all, since we came here to Sinnoh, we haven't, uh, you know."

Dawn turned back to me, her eyes staring deep into mine. Her cheeks were still flushed under the starry sky and it was only now that I was looking at her in this different light. The blunette seemed a little surprised by what I was saying, clearly unsure how to react. But I could clearly see what was on her mind and I had to admit the same thing was on mine.

She muttered something under her breath before looking back to me, "Then she would forgive me for this." The distance between us had been reduced to a few inches, Dawn's perfume now all I could smell.

Without saying another word, Dawn stood on her tiptoes, leaning forward as she pressed her lips against my cheek. I didn't say anything, letting her take the lead as she led me by the hand into the pokemon center.