Waking up

The next two days Havre stayed in bed, resting, as Cal made sure of it. And she only let him pacify her after assuring her that Kylo's state was stable and after she agreed that her presence around him could disrupt it.

Cal and the other two began cleaning the camp and organising supplies that the navy would then pick up for their new location. Cal explained to her that in light of the recently won battle, the resistance was regrouping to form a new capitol somewhere else and that Bogano due to its size was turned into a reserve.

The republic was re-consolidating its forces.

As they worked for hours on end, not letting Havre help in any way, the girl spent the majority of her time in her own thoughts. Although Cal had left BD-1 for her company and Finn had even lent her some of his books, Havre enjoyed the peaceful silence of the Workshop, using it to rethink everything that had happened.

For the past months, she had been living in transit, literally and figuratively. From the moment she escaped the Descendants to the day she and Kylo fought Snoke, the present day was the most she could have on her mind. And now, (if Kylo hadn't been mistaken about Snoke) there was no direct point in her future that she would have to stress about. It was strange.

From time to time, Havre would feel anxious, as if there was something she had forgotten about, something that would come after her, another foe she would have to face, but each time the sound of her father's, sister's or Finn's voice behind the door reminded her that that stage of her life was over. And that she was safe.

Havre began asking herself what was her role in everything that had happened, as well as what would come next.

She felt good on Bogano. It was the closest place to what she could call home. But from what she had overheard, Alyss was due to head back to the new capitol with the last cargo transport and she could only imagine Finn and her father were also planning to reconnect with the navy.

And what was she to do?

She knew she couldn't stay on Bogano forever. From this point onward, she would have to specify her affiliation to the Republic Resistance. Cal didn't ask for it outright just yet, but she knew he would sooner or later. And as much as Havre would like to stay with him, she dreaded being involved in the war again.

She was raised to kill and fight wars that weren't her own, for once, she wanted to get away from death and destruction. Find peace, if it was ever possible.

Havre recalled one of the first conversations she had with Cal about what her future held. He talked about a path that the Force had made out for her. It was a strange concept, and even after everything she had been through since then, it still wasn't clear to her, apart from the feeling that she was... at last, where she was supposed to be.

The door to the workshop opened and Finn's head peered in.

'Hi,' he said, grinning in his usual way and pushed open the door, walking in with a bowl of soup in his hands. 'I brought you dinner.'

'Thank you.' She said and took the steaming bowl from his hands.

'Do you need anything else?' He asked, looking around the room. They hadn't had a chance to talk for long since she came back, and it was still a little awkward between the two of them. Havre wondered if his perception of her had changed since he found out who she really was.

'No, I'm all good.' She said, at last, stirring the vegetables in the bowl. Finn waddled around the room for a moment and then sat down on the edge of one of the tables. He picked up one of the books that he had left for her from the table.

'I haven't read it yet,' Havre said, forestalling his question.

'They aren't really the most exciting, I'm not gonna lie...' Finn said, smiling. 'Just some of the Jedi books Cal had recovered over the years. I don't know if the tales of the High Republic are really up to anyone's liking.'