Reluctantly, he did as I told him to and nudged them toward me.

"Socks too, Shivaay." I rolled my eyes, getting irritated. I know that it was really gross to wear someone else's socks but… my shoe bite was getting worse.

"Eww. What the hell, man!" But he obliged anyway when I glared at him.

"God." With that, I thrusted my heels in his hands. Just as he was about to say something, I interrupted him. "Take care of them for me." Without any further delay, I haphazardly wore his socks before putting on his dress shoes. They were loose but I didn't have the time to complain.

"I wish I hadn't stopped her," he muttered behind me angrily.

Snickering, I ran outside the exit doors. Just when I had seen my stalker/paparazzo, he was unfortunately getting inside his small car. I hissed because I was losing him and didn't have any mode of transport with me to follow behind him.

My eyes widened as he was driving out of the lot, making me fidgety. Biting my lip in concentration, I was still rooted in my spot. I put my hands on my hips and glanced around with growing agitation. That's when I noticed a flower bike adorned with garlands, leaning against a wall. I squealed in delight internally and ran toward it.

Looking around for something to camouflage me, I saw a dark helmet on a motorbike's handlebar parked a few feet away from the bike. Quickly grabbing it, I rushed back to my bike and soon peddled outside the lot.

In a few minutes, I was on the road. I was some few feet behind his silver Sedan. There was a sticker of 'Wall Street Journal' pasted on the backside of his vehicle.

It took me some time to realize that the passers-by and vehicles zooming past me were staring at me. Of course, I resembled a funny clown in my maroon dress, black dress shoes with ankle length socks, a huge helmet covering my face and a bike full of garlands.

Jeez. This is catching a lot of attention and I highly doubt that the camera guy won't notice it. What was I even thinking?! After all, he's seen me in this outfit. Plus, I am just too embarrassed to be out here like this, I thought, sneering to myself.

As if hearing my prayers on cue, the green traffic light turned red. I was even more glad when I saw the Sedan at the very front, stopping at the signal too. Getting off of the frolicking bike, I put it down on the pavement and looked around for a random car.

Today doesn't seem to be like my day. I feel like I am stooping below my level. A lot. When I saw the one with a woman in her thirties sitting behind the wheel, I decided to approach her.

I knocked on her window with my helmet still on. It's better that people didn't have to see my face. She gasped before rolling down her window. "Yes? How can I help you?" She asked, looking at me weirdly.

"I need a ride. I want to follow that car." I pointed toward the silver Sedan. "He's a criminal and I need to catch him."

"And why would I do that?" Her dark eyes roved over my attire. Thank God that she couldn't see my dress shoes, at least.

"Because I am from the FBI," I lied quickly.

"Oh, really? And where's your batch?" She smirked.

God, I don't have time for this. I mentally groaned. "That's what I am catching that criminal for! Because he stole it."

She flinched at my tone and raised her hands in surrender. It was like she wanted to say something about my carelessness but decided against it because she gulped audibly. "Am I - am I in trouble?" She stuttered. And thank goodness that she believed me.