CHAPTER-7|*Overture*

It's been weeks since Y/N stopped visiting Hoeseok. It will be a lie if she says she doesn't miss her daily late-night trip to the Bangtan mansion. But life goes on and here she is continuing her busy routine. Surgery, round inwards, visiting outpatient, and then back home at almost midnight.

Today after seeing outpatients she was informed that someone was waiting for her. This is a rare case. She actually doesn't have anyone to visit her because she has been living alone since graduating high school. She was told that she was grown enough to be free back then, by her foster parents. And Y/N cannot contact friends often because of her hectic schedule. She headed towards the cafe curious. There she meets the person she never expected. She felt unsubstantiated.

Placing her phone on the table, Y/n takes the opposite chair to her visitor. The man takes his mask a little down and takes off his sunglasses. Jungkook silently watches her settle down in the chair and waits for her to speak first.

Y/N: Jungkookssi, is everything alright? Are you hurt somewhere?

She speaks hesitantly, scanning him from top to bottom.

Jungkook: Do I look like?

Y/N: Then why are you here? I mean people actually come to visit me when they are unwell. Unless no one comes, that's why...

She says as an explanation.

Jungkook: I just came to see you. I'm completely fine. It's been almost a week or two since I last saw you.

Y/N's stomach flipped when he said that. What is he even talking about? Am I hallucinating or what?!! How does this man always look so tough and hot?! I agree that you are good looking but that does not allow you to say such heart-fluttering words to me.! - she thought to herself.

Y/N: Why do you have to see me? We are not even friends

Jungkook looks directly into her eyes this time.

Jungkook: Listen, I'm not really used to beating around the bush. I'm a straightforward man. And I came to tell you that I like you. So I want to ask if we could meet each other often, have a cup of coffee together in a nearby cafe and...

Y/N: You mean date each other?! she asked, cutting off his words being flabbergast.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Did he just propose to me with that straight look on his extremely handsome face??!! Oh God, why is this dream so realistic? How did the rough and tough gangster from my fantasy become so real? She can't even think anymore..

Jungkook: Yes. It's my way to ask you to be my girlfriend or do you have a problem with me being mafia? He asks, raising one eyebrow. Y/N's eyes widened in shock. This is too much for one day.

Y/N: No! I don't care about what your profession is, as long as you love me and I can trust you. I mean not you.....the person I'll be in some kind of relationship with.

She says abruptly, defending her own words. Then there come some seconds of awkward silence. Jungkook observes Y/N's face which is now almost red due to embarrassment, biting her lower lip. He knows he has some effect on girls but he is not familiar with her reaction right now. She is shy but was all professional just some minutes ago talking to hospital staff.Y/N kept staring everywhere but his eyes which were staring deep into hers.

Y/N: How is Shine? I talked to him the day before yesterday. I hope he is fine.

Jungkook: Are you rejecting me? He says in a serious tone as she tries to change the topic.

Y/N: NO! Y/N was fast to answer. She kept talking to take no notice of her extremely fast heartbeat.

Y/N: It's just...I've never been in a relationship so, I just don't know what to do or say....she trails off.. I actually need some time to think about it.

Jungkook: So do I. And let me tell you one more thing. I cannot do any sickening actions like taking you to a movie or spending time doing the type of things that most of the couples out there do. She watches his nose scrunch in disgust. And I also know you also don't have enough time for that too. A relationship without those useless actions will cause no harm to us, right?

Y/N was about to answer but her cell phone rings. She felt so grateful to the caller.

Y/N: It's from ER. I need to go now. This cafe makes good coffee, you can have a cup. See you later.

She got up, about to leave. But Jungkook held her wrist.

Jungkook: Then how about we have coffee together tomorrow night after your shift ends?

Y/N: What if your enemies see you roaming around publicly and you get in trouble because of me?

Jungkook: No one will recognize me, as long as you keep your mouth shut. Can't you do this much to keep our I mean my secret?

Seeing her expressions, Jungkook knew the words Jimin taught him to tell, affected her. Maybe he is right about her liking him. He was sure that he had accomplished what he was told to do. He sighs in relief as he finds the task easier than he expected.

(A/N): ooooo This chapter is sooooooooo freaking long. Vote and comment to appreciate  my hardwork.