Chapter 15

Chan quickly makes his way to the roof, ignoring everyone in the hallway that asks him where he is going. He may still be angry with Jisung, but if he is on the roof and a classmate he seems to fight with a lot tells him something is wrong, something must really be wrong. “Mister Bang, wait up.” Chan sighs, turning around to face his teacher. “Yes miss Lee? What can I do for you?” He fake smiles at her, really not having the time to talk right now. “I wanted to ask you for your help with a project.” Chan frowns. “A project?” The teacher nods her head. “Yes, I was tasked to make a group for a performance. They wanted first year students from the music, performing arts and art majors, but I really could use some help of my two top students. So I wanted to ask you and Lee Minho to help out with the group.”

“Could you send me the details? I have to go somewhere, family issues again.” “Oh of course, sorry for holding you up. I will send you an email with the information, I really hope you are willing to help.” Chan nods, quickly saying his goodbye to his teacher. He makes his way to the roof, opening the door slowly. Scaring Jisung probably won’t be a great idea if he is on top of the roof. Chan scans the roof, looking for the blonde. He spots him sitting on the edge of the roof, looking down at the campus. Chan won’t be surprised if the cops and fire department were to be called, other students or teacher would probably be concerned seeing someone sitting up here.

Chan puts his bag down, walking over to Jisung. Without saying a word he drags the other away from the roof. “What the hell are you thinking Jisung.” Jisung bites his lip, seeing Chan. He was ready to curse out whoever dragged him away, but seeing the older made him shut up right away. “Han, what the hell? You can’t sit at the edge of the freaking roof, what if someone saw you and called the cops?” Jisung looks at the ground. “Why are you here hyung?” His voice is no louder than a whisper. Chan frowns. “Why am I here?” Jisung nods, not looking up at Chan. “Because I’m worried? I got a text from your classmate, that you were up here. He said something was off.” “Fucking Hwang Hyunjin, he needs to stay out of my business.” “Language.”  “Ji what happened between you and Hyunjin?” Chan looks over Jisung with his eyes, making sure Jisung didn’t get hurt. “Nothing. He just hates me like everyone else.” Chan sighs, walking over to Jisung. Without saying a word Chan wraps his arms around Jisung, hugging him tightly. Jisung hides his head in Chan’s shoulder, grabbing onto the back of his shirt. Chan rubs Jisung’s back, as he feels his shirt slowly getting damped with the youngers tears. He mumbles comfort things to Jisung, hoping to calm him down so that the two of them can talk.

“M’sorry hyung, for this morning.” Jisung pulls away from Chan, wiping away his tears. Hating how much he has been crying the past few days, he knew why he has been so emotional but he doesn’t want to admit it. “It’s okay Ji, I’m sorry too.” Jisung shakes his head. “Why? You did nothing wrong?” Chan chuckles. “I sometimes need to realize I’m just your friend, a brother, and not your parent.” Jisung nods, agreeing. “Yea you should. I was really rude though, just haven’t been sleeping  enough.” Chan frowns, making the other sit down. Chan sits down behind him, basically pulling him into his lap. “hyunggg” “Why haven’t you been sleeping?” Jisung shrugs, not wanting to tell Chan. He already talked about it with Changbin, he didn’t want to talk about it with Chan as well. “Ask Binnie.” Chan sighs. “Fine, also he is your hyung.” Jisung rolls his eyes. “But he said it was okay.” “Sure he did Ji.”

Jisung looks up at Chan, a small smile appearing on his face. He enjoyed being cuddled by Chan, it helped him and his thoughts calm down. “Can you tell me what happened and why you left class before it started? I’m guessing it’s also why you called.” Jisung nods. “Spilled my drink on Hyunjin’s desk, cause I tripped over his stupid bag. He got all mad, being rude. I even tried to apologize to him.” Jisung sits up slightly looking at Chan. “You tried to apologize? Before being told to do so?” Jisung nods. “Yes, but then he needed to be an asshole about the whole thing.” Chan shakes his head, knowing Jisung didn’t apologize after that. “So we started arguing like we do most days. But then he said uhm…” “He said what Ji?” Jisung bites his lip, not really wanting to repeat the words Hyunjin had said. “Jisung, what did he say?” “You always make everything worse when you’re around.” Jisung hides his face again, not wanting to see Chans reaction.

Chan freezes, now understanding why Jisung probably ran out of the class. “He didn’t mean it, he told me. It just hurts to hear again I guess.” Jisung mumbles, scared for Chan’s reaction. “Well he is wrong, just like they were. You make things better. Yes you can be a pain in the ass, but you’re my pain in the ass. You make life just a bit more fun for me, Binnie will tell you the same.” Jisung just nods, knowing that. His hyungs told him so many times. He finally started to believe their words, but Hyunjin had to ruin it for him. “Binnie hyung probably scared the shit out of Hyunjin.” Chan chuckles. “Probably, I may have too.” Jisung sits up, slapping the older. “You better no go lecture him.” Chan shrugs. “I think my friend will do that for me.” Jisung looks at him confused. Standing up Jisung reaches out a hand to Chan, helping him up as well. “Chan we skip the rest of the day? And just hang out? The two of us?” Chan nods, smiling at Jisung. “Just let me talk with both our teachers, okay?” Jisung nods, grabbing his bag. “Whatever gets me out of school.” Chan rolls his eyes, not understanding the others hatred for school.