Imperia

Chapter 2

~*~*~*~*~*Dante's POV~*~*~*~*~*

Already they have tried four different ways to kill me. First in the courtyard garden, next the stable, after that the palace gates and then the town square which killed ten of my men. However the year before my eldest brother Gavin was murdered, riding his horse down the forest path behind the family country house. My mother could only take so much and my father, well he hired some people to protect me.

From what I was told the protection, my father hired is skilled and dangerous. Yeah, and you don't think my attacker aren't?

But I don't argue, it's take it or leave it. And I will take it.

"Dante they will be here in a few minutes." My mother said, coming into my study.

I nodded and closed the journal I was writing in, "I will be there in a second, mother."

When she left, I let out a huge sigh. I have no idea who these people are or if I should trust them. I don't know how long I sat there until I heard, the dogs barking. I got up and hurried out to the throne room. I quickly took my spot at my father's left side, where was suppose to be if he was here.

"Announcing, your Highness. Shadow's Alpha B team: Joey Martin, Trevor Johnson and Akira Eltsina"

In an instant my eyes fell on the girl. She wore long strapless midnight blue dress, her face was serious like she did mean business. But a girl? I was expecting most men, not a girl. But she didn't look human, her skin was slightly tan, while her hair was chocolate brown and long.

"Your Highness, this is Akira Eltsina, she will be taking care of your son." Our servent, Sean said.

When she looked up, haunting red eyes stared at me. Around her eyes was a thick layer of black eyeliner, I think. She was beautiful, but scary at the same time as well. Thank the Lord she is looking over me. My thoughts were interrupted by my mother's voice.

"My dear, are you Voldarak?" She asked.

She turned her gaze to my mother and spoke, "Yes, your Highness. I can tell that you are half."

My mother nodded, "My father was Voldarak and my mother was human. I don't have the fangs, but the eye trade mark." She pointed to her eyes. Just like shadow, like Akira's (I think that her name) eyes, but only red.

WAIT! I am part Voldarak! When did this happen?

Akira's attention went back to me and she smiled, like she heard my thoughts.

Three hours later

After my bodyguards were taken to there rooms in the palace, I confronted my mother.

"Mom, you never told me that I was half Voldarak. Much less you." I said, looking at her then to my father.

"Dante, sweetie, its not that serious. You see-" She stopped talking. She was staring at something behind me. I followed her gaze to see Akira, dressed in all black. A blue sapphire stone around her neck like a chocker.

"The reason, your mother never told you because you had no reason to worry. She was only half and her husband is a human. So the genes were never passed to you. Unlike my parents, my mother was half as well and my father was pure Voldarak." She nodded, to both of my parents before looking at me. "This makes me, a pure Voldarak." She gave me the most dazzling smile. "If it is okay, by your Majesties, I may talk your son for a walk? I would like to get to know him better." She smiled again.

Both my parents approved and I ended up outside with Akira, alone....

"So how old are you?" She asked, with her hands behind her back as we walked through the garden. Her heels clicked against the tie path.

"Twenty-one and what about you?"

"Nineteen. So what do you do for fun?"

I was about to answer when she pulled me to the floor. It took me a second to see, we was being attacked. Akira was up on her feet, a gun in one hand and a knife in the other. She fired a few rounds until she told me to run. I did what I was told, until I got shot in the arm. That's when the sound of gun shots stopped and utter silence was around.