Chapter 15

2014

It had been almost a month since we had found our hangout spot. Things had been going really well. Touchwood. I was falling for him, hard. He was so damn sweet. We had succeeded in keeping it a secret from the rest of the gang so far. During our lunch breaks, he randomly starts staring at me, and there's nothing I can do about it. It's heartwarming in a way. To feel like he just can't get enough of me. Or that I mean so much to him. I stare back, of course. But not for too long lest someone should see us. Moreover, we would be holding hands under the table almost every day.

Right now, I was waiting for him at the terrace and I was completing my homework. I had forgotten to take my notebook home and the submission date was today. I had been scribbling at the fastest speed I could write since the morning. I had borrowed Pragya's book to copy. It's not like ma'am's going to find out. Besides, I was changing the framing of all the sentences so it looks original. I had decided to give myself a ten-minute break when Anquit came before resuming finishing the work.

"Hey,"

I heard his voice. He was here finally. It was funny how I still got butterflies when I heard his voice.

"Hi babe! Ek minute haa," I said, I was on the last word of my sentence and decided to stop writing once I finished it. (Just a minute) He didn't respond.

I closed my book and looked up.

Was he blushing?

He was looking below, at the view from the terrace, and the tips of his ears were red.

I waved my hands in front of his eyes, "Hello?"

He snapped out of his trance," Haa?"

"Kya hua?"

"You-Um-I-You've never called me babe before," He stuttered out, rubbing the back of his neck. He couldn't even meet my eyes.

So cute

I smirked, "You like it?"

"Maybe,"

"Ok babe!" I said biting my lip to prevent my smile from showing. He looked at me now, amused.

"What did you just say...babe?" He smirked at me.

"Nothing...babe," I could barely keep from laughing.

"Ok babe," He said.

We looked at each other and burst out laughing. I don't even know what was so funny. We stopped laughing after a minute, just looking at the view. But when I turned to look at him, however, and our eyes met, we burst out laughing again. My stomach was hurting by now. I stopped laughing, looking at him, who was still bent over clutching his stomach, laughing. It was moments like these, that made me want to stop time and stay here forever.

That reminds me.

"Suno,"(Listen)

"Hmm?" He must have sensed something in my tone, as he sobered up almost instantly.

"Hum kya kar rahe hai?" (What are we doing?)

"As in?"

"Like, how serious are we about this? And aage jaake kya? Yaha toh bas 2 saal saath mai hai,"(And what happens after High School? We're here together for just 2 years)

I knew he was aiming to study in IIT Delhi, and I wasn't sure where I would study but an Arts college somewhere that was for sure.

"I don't know to be honest, like dekhte hai na how it goes. Aage jaake I would be open to the idea of a long-distance if you are. And to be honest, I have a feeling this is going somewhere good,"(Like, let's see where this goes, in the future, I would be open to the idea of a long-distance if you are.)