19

Blood eagle.

A method of Viking ritual execution, in which the ribs are opened, the lungs pulled out and arranged to resemble wings.

Wings sprouted towards an elysian afterlife?

Wings of a soaring soul within a tortured body?

Who knows.

Seokjin did know, however, that this was unfair, that this was heathenish. Affliction filled him to the core, blinding his vision, to which he didn't have a tongue to scream, to which he didn't have lungs to breathe. Wings of freedom, he believed,

Because a dead man can't feel, right?

And he desperately desired to not feel.

In a realm where the victims of this senseless war laid, a realm where he will marry the love of his life and greet his friends, a realm where he searches for the real Jimin - this wasn't him, definitely, or at least he decided to think so - a realm where there's no pain.

"This was the best time of my life" The crimson eyed cracked his neck, grinning at his creation. Ribs torn apart, organs crashed, wounds within blood clotted on blood and blocked its own vile rage. "Ah, man, I dirtied my hands once again, and it feels just as refreshing! Why aren't there are other people around? I should have enjoyed my time more than this"

A proud death, they described it at an age where battlefield ruled over the jovial clouds and covered the night stars, overlooked lowly over the person yet emotionally over the God who would receive such sinful body. Where was the pride in this, Seokjin wondered, brought aback to his life at a final moment.
The demon peeked slowly at the smushed figure, dismembered corpse laying coldly on the ground. "Oh, you can't hear me because you're dead! My bad!"

Ropes of destiny and flutes of tree leaves surrounded a path towards the nothingness of demise.
It was over.

"Jimin? You aren't there, are you?" echoed through the heavy air, a demon awaiting his release, almost acknowledging the addressed human won't reply.

Yet, before he can giggle his satisfaction out, a tear fell uncontrollably on his cheek.

"Oops... Seems like you are there"