"Your red?" "Yeah, dissapointing?"

So I recently re-watched 'love simon' and i got an idea :)
Its basically inspired by the movie sooo if you haven't seen it. I will try and put make it a bid different.
And its high school again

I was watching something on my computer when my mom walked in. "Hey hun, dinner is ready" i gave her a smile "i'll be down in a minute"

I sighted and walked down to the table. Fast forward after dinner, it was movie night so we went to watch a movie.
"Whats this movie called?" My dad questioned, having a hard time reading the title. "The affair" my mom said. I gulped "no we can not watch the affair as a family" "why not?" Mom asked. "Cause its about sex" my younger sister said.

"You know, we haven't seen the last part of the bachelor" my mom said, breaking the awkwardness "how did that guy even become the bachelor?" Dad said. "Why?" Mom asked. "Well he is clearly gay" dad said. I lean my head against the back of the couch. "No he's not" my sister yelled.

After the movie i went upstairs. I got a face time call from my bestfriend Wanda. "Omg Y/n, have you seen insta?" She asked exited. "No why?" I asked, already starting up my laptop. "Look at the most resent post" she said, studying my face. I looked at it.

"Sometimes i feel like im stuck on a ferris wheel. One minute im on top of the world, and the next im at rock bottom. Over and over. Because a lot of my life is great, but nobody knows im a lesbian.
-red"

I locked shocked. I needed to clear my head "sorry Wanda, i got to go" i ended the call before she could say something else.

I looked up the mail, of the so called "red" and typed away. Under a new made mail account.
"Dear red,
Im just like you. For the most part, my life is completely normal. My dad was the annoyingly handsome quarterback who married hot valedictorian. And no, they didn't peak in highschool. I have a sister I actually like, not that i'd ever tell her that. Last year and two-hundred episodes of Chopped ago she decided she wanted to be a chef, which means we're all pretty much her subjects now. And then there is my friends... two of them i've known since pretty much the beginning of my life. Or at least kindergarten. One of them i just met a few months ago. But it feels like i've known her forever. We do everything friends do: drink way too much iced coffee, watch bad nineties movies and hang out at waffle house dreaming of graduating and moving to s city that doesn't have a waffle house. And we have each others backs. Always.

So like i said, im just like you. I have a Totally perfectly normal life. Except i have one huge ass secret.

-y/f/n"

I looked at it a last time. And i sent it. I turned my laptop off and let myself fall into my bed.

The next morning i woke up. I immediately looked at my phone to see if i got any messages, but no.

I went on with my day and got to school. On my way there i picked up my friends. First Wanda, them Bucky, then Steve. We stopped to get iced coffee and drove to school. Once we got there and sat in Physics i felt my phone buzz. "miss?" I asked as i put my hand up. "Yes?" She questioned. "Can i go to the bathroom, please?"
"Sure" she said and I basically sprinted out of the class room. I got to the bathroom and locket myself in a stall.

I took out my phone and saw a message. A message from 'red'

"A secret, huh? Is it the same as my secret? If it is, when did you know? And have you told anyone?
-red"

I smiled as i was reading every letter.

When i got home from school i ran upstairs to write the mystery 'red'

"No, red. I haven't told anyone. And honestly, i can't even really explain why. Deep down i know my family would be fine with it. My mom is about as liberal as they come. And my dad isn't exactly the macho type. I mean, y/p (your place) resident out gay kids seems to be doing just fine. When Carol came out, no one even cared.

As for when i knew i was a lesbian, it was a bunch of little things.. like this one recurring dream i kept having about Emma Watson. And that proceeded every night for a month. Or how i was obsessed with Taylor Swift in middleschool... and then i realized it wasn't really about the music.

And then there was my first boyfriend. It wasn't my proudest moment.

How about you? How did you know?

-Y/f/n"

These emails went on for a while.

One night me and Steve went out together. Not together together, but Wanda and Bucky couldn't make it. I have known Steve for only a few months, but it felt like forever. We pulled up in the car. "What are you doing y/n, were six blocks away from your house" i took a deep breath and looked him in the eye. "I need to tell you something, but you have to promise you won't tell anyone. Not even Bucky or Wanda"

He looked at me with concern "i promise" i took another deep breath. "Steve.. im.. im gay, im a lesbian" he gave me a smile "okay, cool" he pulled me in for a hug. "You know I don't see you any different or anything. Your just you. I love you y/n, i always will no matter what"

My eyes teared up from happiness and i got out of the hug  "thank you" i let out a relieving breath I didn't know i was holding. "Have you told anyone?" He asked me . "No, just you" i smiled

"They will accept you, you know"
"Yeah i know"

We drove to our houses and that night i decided to tell my parents.

They accepted me for who i am. My dad even apologized for all the jokes he made.
Eventually i told the rest of my friends and of course they accepted me.

It was now a month later and i was still only talking to 'red' through mail. I knew i had fallen for this girl badly. I just really wanted to know who she was. I tried getting to know who she really was, but she said she wasn't ready for public  announcement.

I knew I couldn't do this much longer so i wrote one last mail.

"Dear red,
Although i love our emails, i really do. I wanna meet you in person. I know you said your not ready for a public announcement , i cant take this much longer. I need to k ow who you are.
So i wanna meet you, how we first got into contact. You said you felt like a ferris wheel. Tonight ill be there. I will wait for you. I really hope you come.

-love y/f/n"

I sent the message and went to the fair.
I bought tickets with all the money i brought with me... it was a lot.

I stepped in, waiting for her. After 6 rounds she still wasn't there. Round number 11 came and still nothing. After round 20 i lost hope until someone stepped in.

"Sorry im kind of waiting for someone" i said as she stepped in. "I.. i know" the red head said hesitant. "Your red?" I asked with a smile. "Yeah, disappointed?" She asked. "Couldn't be happier"

We got to the top of the ferris wheel. We looked at each other, and just went in for a kiss. It felt amazing. People beneath us were cheering and clapping.  We didn't care. Natasha was my missing piece. She made me whole.

After a while I introduced her to my family, proud to call her my girlfriend. We are having the best time of our life. She is everything i want and she couldn't have been better.

Hope y'all like this.

Idk what to think of it. It was fun to do though.

:)