Chapter 1

Beep-beep-beep-beep

I groaned what is that noise! It's driving me crazy. I can't sleep with that thing going off. Why is my phone going off?

Beep-beep-beep-beep

Wait-that isn't my ringtone. That's Alex's ringtone. I haven't heard that ringtone since...Echo! I open my eyes finally and grab my phone. Sure enough there was another map and the sound was coming from my phone.

I smile to myself I'm going to have to call the guys and Emma in the morning. I couldn't wait to tell them the good news.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed. I had an ombre boho bikini. I through on some shorts and pulled on a tie dye crop top. I straightened my light brown hair and put on a black cap. I slipped on my black vans and grabbed my skateboard.

I grabbed my new phone, which still works, and my old phone, which had the map. I ran outside saying bye to my parents. I road my skateboard to Joshua's house, my boyfriend, and he came out with his friend, Tyler. We then road to Melissa's house and we went to the beach.

"Oh my god, Tristan got caught in the girl's locker room the other day!" Melissa says, laughing her ass off.

"Are you for real?" I say, covering my mouth to keep from laughing. "Oh shit-I just remembered!"

I held my phone in my hand. I've called everyone except Alex. It didn't work out for us dating, especially a long distance one. I pressed the call button and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello." I heard him say through the phone. Last time I say him and the others was about two years ago. My parents didn't like the idea of sending me to Nevada every other month.

"Alex?"

"Aurora! Guess what!"

"What?"

"I just received a call from Echo! He's here! He's back!"

"I did too last night. Anyway, I was planning on all of us going to meet up at Tuck's house to go on a little adventure again."

"Great! When?"

"Tomorrow."

"Sounds great! See you tomorrow! Bye!"

The phone line cuts off. Well, we're going on another adventure, but this one feels different. I don't know what it is. Something is telling me this adventure is not going to be pretty. I smile as I sit back down with my friends and boyfriend.

"So...you're leaving?" Josh ask. I sigh and nod.

"We'll make today last though! You will be back from Nevada right?" Melissa ask.

"Yes, I'll be back. Don't worry!" I chuckle at Melissa.

We just have fun at the beach for the rest of the day. I ride my skateboard home by the time sunset hits. Now, all I have to do is convince my parents. How hard can that be?

"Mom, dad?" I ask walking into the kitchen where my mom is making dinner. "Can I go to Nevada tomorrow and see my friends?"

Mom sighs and dad says, "Honey, we might as well tell her. We were going to tell her at dinner."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Fine, we bought you a plane ticket to go see your friends for the whole weekend. You leave Friday morning, tomorrow, at noon. Then, you come back on Monday."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say. A nice Cheshire cat smile plastered on my face as hug my parents tightly.

"There's a catch. Your sister will be going with you." My smile slowly faded.

"Why?"

"She has friends too, Aurora. Besides, your dad and I want some alone time." I mentally gag at the last part, but shrug. My sister will be a minor set back. I think I can convince her to lie for me.

I walked to my room and packed the stuff I would need for the days I'm gone. Then, I put my skateboard in my backpack. As I was walking to the garage I passed Emily's room.

"Emily, we're going to Nevada tomorrow. Pack your things." I say, and keep walking to the garage.

"Are you serious!?" I hear her grunt loudly. I shake my head and smile.

In the garage I look for the only tent we have that we never use. It's a big family tent that can fit up to six people. I grab flashlights and some rope.

As I walk back into the house I hear Emily complaining to my parents. I know she secretly wants to go to see her friends and maybe party. That's how I'm going to get her.

I flopped on my bed and threw my backpack on the floor. Not very hungry for  dinner I skipped of course. I fell soundly asleep and just couldn't contain my excitement for tomorrow.