Chapter 6: the wedding of district 12 goes wrong

It has been four months since the whipping. My belly has grown bigger. Adrien and I have been planning a wedding for district 12. Everyone we know and trust here in district twelve is going. Calix and Effie are making an effort to come. Calix has sent me a few dress options. I eventually picked one that was just my type. It evens shows the baby bump I now have. Four months. These babies are a piece of work. Right now I am in my house with my mom, aunt Annie, Aunt Jo, grandma, Eva, and Effie. They are helping me get ready. Effie keeps bringing up the fourth quarter quell. Coin is supposed to announce it today. I know she is going to try and make me go in and I will go in if I have to. Aunt Annie notices me staring off into space.

"Diana, are you alright?" Aunt Annie asks.

"Fine. Just thinking. Effie got me thinking about the quarter quell. I just have this feeling Coin is going to try to put me back into the games. I know I shouldn't be thinking like that with the babies on the way in five months but I just feel that she just wants me dead," I say.

"Well, you are going to be fine. Finnick says if you go into the games he will too. He wants to protect you. He couldn't bear seeing you go through it last time," Aunt Annie says.

"You would allow him to do that?" I ask. She nods her head. 

"He loves you a lot," Annie says.

 "Doesn't he have a girlfriend to love more?" I ask. 

"He has a boyfriend, who is also a victor. They are going to try and get married soon," Annie says. 

"He should have brought his boyfriend to the wedding. I would have even made our wedding for them too. They could have gotten married with us," I say. 

"His boyfriend did come but they want to get married on the beach," Annie says. 

"That is sweet. This dress won't be able to be on the beach though," Effie says. 

"Are you all done?" I ask Effie. 

"Yes, go look at yourself in the mirror," Effie says. I walk over to the wall lengthed mirror on my bathroom door and see I look like an angel. 

Diana's wedding outfit (couldn't fit the metal arm

Diana's wedding outfit (couldn't fit the metal arm. Don't forget that)

"You look amazing honey," Katniss says. 

"Thanks, mom. You know how we have gone through a lot but we always come back to loving each other in the end," I say to my mom. She smiles and hugs me. 

"I love you too. And the babies. Have you decided if you are going to find out the genders?" Katniss asks. 

"I'm not going to find out the genders. I do think it's two boys," I say. Everyone in the room starts laughing.