Chapter ten: The fourth quarter quell begins

I wake up to someone shaking me lightly. I open my eyes and see my father smiling at me sadly. 

"It's time Dia, we have to get going," Peeta says. I sit up slowly, I stand up with my fathers help. We walk out to the hallway and up the stairs to the roof. My father helps me climb the ladder up to the plane. We get in the plane and the peacekeepers force us into a seat. They grab our arms and shove a needle up my arm. I wince at the pain and my father glares at the peacekeeper. Another peacekeeper does the same thing to my father. We sit in the plane for a while till  we hear it slowly start to land.  When we land, the two peacekeepers force my father and I off the plane and into our launch rooms. When I get into the room, I see someone I don't expect, my grandfather, Haymitch.

"Hey there sweetheart, how's life going?" Grandpa asks. He walks over to me and gives me a hug. 

"Well, you've been watching the TV, you know what's been going on," I say. 

"How are my great grandkids?" Grandpa asks. I look down at my stomach and smile. 

"You are having two great grandsons. You should be proud. Well, proud till I die because you can definitely blame me for that," I say. 

"Hey, don't say that. You know it isn't true. We would never be mad at you for trying your best to live but get killed instead," Haymitch says. 

"Thanks, now I need to get changed. I will call for you if I need help," I say. I slowly walk over to the bathroom and start taking my pajamas off. I find a black outfit laid out that accommodates with my belly.

 I find a black outfit laid out that accommodates with my belly

Diana's outfit

"I'm sorry Diana but Effie told me that they wouldn't allow your wedding rings because they already knew they could trust the necklace because of last year," Haymitch says when I walk back out to the launch room. 

"It's okay. Are you going home after this?" I ask. 

"Yes. Your husband is very scared for all of you. He hasn't slept in days. I feel so bad for him. Is there anything I can do for you to help him?" Haymitch asks. 

"Can you go to the tribute center and grab my wedding rings. I also have a picture of the babies next to them. Grab those and bring them to him. I also have something in my nightstand at home for him. It has his name on it. Give it to him all at once, please?" I ask. He nods his head. We both walk toward each other and just hug each other. We stay like this for about three minutes till the robot voice comes over the speakers. 

"Tributes mount up. You will be launched in thirty seconds," The robotic voice says. I let go of Haymitch and walk over to the tube. I look back at him and smile sadly. I look up and slowly start to rise. 

Peeta's POV (At the same time in his launch room)

When I get separated from Diana, I am sent to a room and at first I'm all alone. I sit down and wait. About two minutes later, I hear the door open. I look at the door to see Effie. She is wearing a simple red dress and red wig that is in a nice bun. I have never seen her wear something like this.