Army of One

*District 21: Bullpen*

Hank stepped into the Office doorway just in time to see Jay and Erin whispering about something over by the latter's desk. Ana came up behind her husband just as Jay headed back to his desk. Catching sight of Hailey back near Kim's desk with a big white box, the older man knew he'd be doing most of the talking for the next few days.

"Lindsay, you're now partners with Upton. Halstead, you ride with Olinsky. Are we clear?" Hank asked, firmly.

"Yeah." Erin nodded, just as Adam answered his ringing desk phone.

"Uh, so where do you want me?" Hailey wondered.

"Right here. Jay, you're over there." Hank replied.

"Guys, guys, I'm getting an emergency alert from CPIC." Adam called, gaining everyone's attention. "Yeah, I'm on. Feed it to me. All right. OEMC received multiple 911 calls alerting them to this private Facebook user group. Yeah, I got it. It's streaming live." He explained, quickly, turning his computer towards Hank.

The team was met with the bloodied figure of an African American male tied to a chair and another person, dressed in black, hitting him with a peice of wood. The person paused and lunged forward, ripping the ducktape off of the man's mouth.

"Yeah, we're watching it. I'm gonna stay on the line while you triangulate the signal." Adam informed, talking to the person on the other end of the phone.

"Who the Hell are you? You got me confused with somebody else! I didn't do anything to you!" The man yelled, growing fearful when the person in black started dousing him in gasoline.
"No, please, no! No, please!"

"Ruz, tell them to work faster." Jay muttered.

Hank purposely took a step to the right, obscuring his wife's view. Ana was forever grateful because all she could do was stand there and cover her mouth in horror. Especially when she heard the telltale sound of a match being lit. The brunette knew from experience what a fire starting sounded like and her suspicions were fully confirmed when the man's desperate cries turned into screams of agony.

"Listen, we need that address now, now!" Adam hissed. "Yeah, what is it? 3200 block of Larimer."

"Let's go, come on!" Hank yelled, racing towards the Office.

Ana broke out of her trance and was able to pull Hailey off to the side without anyone noticing.

"Upton, if you want to keep what happened between us underwraps just like I know you do, then you have to pretend to try and earn my trust." She explained in a monotonous voice. "I, in turn, will act like whatever you do is working and we won't have to worry about the team being nosy."

"I can handle that." The blonde nodded. "Just as long as you know this doesn't change anything between us."

"It's been 7 years. Why would something suddenly change now?" Ana retorted, racing after the rest of the team.

Hailey waited a few moments and sprinted after her.

*A Little While Later*

All the team found was a charred corpse and the word Pedophile written on a wall in blood.

For now, Ana watched from the Office doorway, solemnly, as Jay walked over to the whiteboard and taped up a picture of their victim.

"All right, our victim is male, African American, mid-20s. We ran facial recognition, no matches. His fingerprints were burnt off in the fire, and his wallet was torched, so, in short, we can't ID this guy." He sighed.