A Real Wake Up Call

A/N 4/4 Fire episodes that I said I was going to include.

Relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*That Same Night: Back of Molly's*

"Hang on, Severide." Officer Crawford called out, placing a hand on Kelly's arm to stop him from hopping into the back of an ambulance. "I can't let you go."

"Yes you can." Ana retorted, walking over to the two as the vehicle in question sped off. "The Lieutenant comes with me."

"I'm sorry, ma'am but I can't allow that." Crawford apologized, shaking his head.

"Sergeant." The brunette gritted out, flashing her badge. "And I think you should head down to Med and talk to Ms. Kidd."

The Officer paled once he realized who she was and quickly stuttered out an apology before rushing over to his cruiser. Ana immediately turned to Kelly once he was gone. The younger man was pale, shaking slightly, and sweating bullets.

"Sev, are you okay?" She wondered, placing her hands on his shoulders. "What happened?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Um, Stella was taking out the trash. I came out to check on her and Grant was standing in front of her with a knife." Kelly swallowed, speaking quickly. "The second he saw me, he lunged for her and I-"

"Woah, Sev, slow down and take a deep breath. Walk with me." Ana soothed, watching him do as he was told and they started slowly moving back towards Molly's. "Who's Grant?"

"Stella's psycho ex." The Squad Lieutenant sighed. "He's a junkie-"

"And, in his drug induced mind, he was jealous of you two being together." The older woman finished for him.

"Yeah." Kelly nodded.

"Okay, so. Grant lunges for Stella. Then what happened?" Ana inquired.

"I tackled him into the dumpster from behind and tried to disarm him. Our places were eventually swapped and he shoved me into it. I dug around, pulled out a piece of metal and swung." He muttered.

The two stopped walking, finding themselves at the entrance to Molly's.

"Alright, well, when Stella gives a statement matching yours, we'll have enough to charge Grant with attempted murder." Ana informed.

Kelly was grateful she didn't say if. The brunette knew he would never lie to her and her word choice reflected that. He offered up a small smile and pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks, Ana." The Squad Lieutenant murmured into her shoulder.

"Anytime, Sev." She nodded, pulling back, shoving her hands into her jacket pockets, and gesturing to the bar behind them. "Want a drink?"

"Yeah, I could use another." Kelly laughed, holding his arm out.

Ana looped hers through his and the two re-entered the building once more.

*The Next Shift: Locker Room*

"Hey, Sev?" Ana called, spotting Joe and Capp walking away from where Kelly was at his locker.

"What's up?" He wondered.

"Stella's not pressing charges." She sighed. "Just thought you should know."

"Thanks." Kelly nodded, watching her give a small smile and walk off.

*Apparatus Floor: A Little While Later*