The Hose or the Animal

A/N This is the first Fire episode of Season 5 and 3/4 episodes I said I was going to include.

Anyway, relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*Firehouse 51*

Ana walked in and bolted straight for the Locker Room. Everyone grew a little concerned at the lack of acknowledgement from the brunette but let it slide when Kelly rushed after her. The Squad Lieutenant found the older woman trying to open her locker.

"Hey, you okay?" He wondered, gazing at her in concern when she looked up with a smile that was very obviously half faked.

"Yeah. Why?" Ana inquired.

"You didn't give me a hug." Kelly pointed out. "You always give me a hug or at least say hi whenever you come in."

The brunette laughed and stood up, wrapping the younger man in a tight embrace.

"We just had a rough case." She fibbed, hiding her small wince as she pulled back. "I'm fine, Sev."

It wasn't exactly a lie but it was one Hell of an understatement. Kelly eyed her for a few seconds before nodding and leaving the room. Ana sighed and collapsed onto the bench. She opened her locker and immediately caught sight of the pictures she had taped to the inside of the door.

The brunette was pretty sure that everyone from 51, the Intelligence team, and SVU was in at least one of the photos. What really caught her eye, was the picture underneath the one of her and Hank; the one of Justin. Ana sniffled and quickly changed into her firehouse clothing before slamming her locker shut.

She stood up and turned towards the exit, only to find Jimmy heading in that direction. He, too, paused upon seeing her.

*Common Room*

Chief walked in and over to Sylvie, who was seated at the round table with Stella and Kelly.

"Brett." He called. "You seen Jimmy?"

"Um, he's in the locker room, changing." She replied, pointing over her shoulder.

"Right. Severide, what about Ana?" Chief inquired, turning to the Squad Lieutenant.

"Same as Jimmy. Changing in the Locker Room." Kelly answered.

As if on cue, the male paramedic walked in followed by said brunette.

"Borelli, you ever say that to my face again, I'll arrest your ass faster than you can even say your dead brother's name." Ana spat, brushing past him and over to an empty chair, next to Matt, at the long table.

"Is everything okay?" The Truck Lieutenant wondered, gazing at her in slight concern.

Everyone, except a certain male paramedic, was doing the same but they were ultimately ignored.

"Peachy." She muttered, pulling out her phone.

The older woman could distantly hear Chief talking about Jimmy missing his brother's badge dedication and turned just in time to see the younger man aggressively bite into apple. He stormed away just as the bell went off.

Engine 51, Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambo 61: school bus accident. 5103 West Pershing.

*Time Skip brought to you by the rescue going exactly as it does in the episode*

Ana was roaming through the halls in search of Chief and she found him not too far from his Office or the Bullpen.

"Hey, Wally." She smiled. "I was just looking for you."