Chapter 10- public

Start from the beginning

The door for the main exit  is left wide open seeing as I'm  the latest to get ready.
I practically sprint to the car.
A snigger sounds from Raffe as I hurriedly tumble into the seat beside Celeste.
A royal blue dress hugs her waist, silver jewellery hanging from her ears and neck.
It matches with mine only a different colour.

As I straighten up next to her, a husky body squishes in between us.
His suit is crisp, cologne strong.
" I thought I was the last, Lorenzo"
A grin hangs off his lips as flicks his gaze to me.

" I guess not Kiara"
I look to Celeste instead, to see her squirming desperately beside Lorenzo.
" Can you fucking move up, I'm practically sat on top of you"
I giggle at her attempt of getting more space.
He only smirks. As Celeste catches onto to his grin, the frustrated expression etched on her face grows.
She grabs onto his arm pushing him harshly up.

(Play song above)
It's nearly an hour until we finally reach the restaurant.
Lights shine and people perch on wooden stalls, laughing. The place is buzzing with all sorts of people.
We head to our table to order.

"I'll have a steak and my lady would like a bowl of pasta, the special and a side of... fries. And my brother would like a pesto dish and his lady would care for salmon salad with extra lettuce" Raffe doesn't even care to look up from the menu and just completely guesses our orders.
"Well what if I want a steak?" Celeste scoffs.
" I'm not eating that fucking fishy salad"

"Then you can take his" Lorenzo smirks towards her and points to Raffe.

It doesn't take too long for the food to arrive. As the waiter sets Raffe's steak down, immediately Celeste snatches it.
" Salmon salad my ass"
We all chuckle as Raffe glares down at his salad.
The meal is delicious,  the strong aroma of fresh veggies and pasta filling the room.

"We need to be seen by the old grey men in the suits at the table diagonal from us"
Raffe quickly glances up from his plate to a group of men.
"Let me guess, old guys you wanna dethrone in the mafia. I'm not dancing for that shit"
I grin towards him.

" Call it what you want but your dancing with me"  Raffe picks at his barely eaten salad until he frustratedly pushes his chair back to offer a hand.
"Dance?"
Dance?
"Dance? As in you and me? Moving together with music?" I gawk at him sarcastically.
"No fucking jumping of a cliff, yes dance now get up"

He nods to Lorenzo then drags me onto the dance floor.
I stumble at first but after a while my body begins to get the hang of the rhythm.
The song is up beat but also slow and steady.
Perfect.

Lorenzo and Celeste soon join the dance floor along with many other couples.
I know why Raffe wants us to dance. To make the men notice us. But it still makes me feel as though he wants it for a different reason.

I ignore the thought and carry on moving with the music.
Raffe's dancing is somewhat absolute shit but still attractive at the same time. Yet I don't know how that is even possible.
"You're doing it wrong" I laugh.
"What?" His brows furrow as he squints his eyes.

"Here," I place my hands on his shoulders and lower back to adjust his movements.
This time he dances far more smoothly and in time with the music.
"See" I smirk.

He laughs and carries on dancing.
After a couple of songs, a less up beat and more slow song comes on.
Everyone gets in to pairs including Lorenzo and Celeste, leaving me with nobody but Raffe.

He slides his  hands to the top of my hip and the other on the higher part of my back.
Our eyes lock as the thrill of goosebumps run through my body.
I feel my cheeks glow red and I prepare for Raffe to mock me.
He only smirks  and starts gliding his finger down my back.
Shit.
I can't handle it.

I shift in my position, forcing his hands higher.
This goes on for no longer than a minute until the song reaches a deeper part.
Raffe spins  me close, hitching my warm breath to the tip of his chin.
Fuck.
He takes this to an advantage and lifts my chin with a spare hand.

"Nervous are we?"
Raffe smirks.
So cockily it almost makes me want to rip it right of his lips.
"If by we you mean you then I completely agree" I flick my eyes to him him watching as his smirk fades.

He scoffs and looks over at the group of men.
First they focus on us two but then shift their glance to Lorenzo and Celeste.
Perfect.
——
We head home quite quickly. The traffic is bearable, the car ride filled with chatting.

We push the heavy doors open to reveal a very energetic yet droopy eyed blondie.
Nikoli.

"Right I have everything set we are going for a night swim and I am not taking no for an answer so hurry up"
He shoves a pile of clothes in each of our hands and pushes us to our rooms.

In my hands is a thin navy blue swimsuit which shows nearly all my skin. Of course they would order something so slutty.
Covering my back with a towel I stroll outside to the pool.

Celeste wears the exact same outfit but in a red shade.
"I swear they dress us as if we are strippers" she mutters, wrapping the towel round her body.
We giggle our way next to the pool front.

Nikoli is practically drowning himself in the water whilst Raffe shoots baskets.
" You getting in?" Nikoli asks, splattering water as he shakes his head.

"Fuck it" I scream and spring to crash into the clear water.
I resurface to notice Celeste by the pool edge just dipping her feet.

"Nope you're getting in"

" It looks bloody freezing"

Before she can make another move, I pull her legs down and she falls into the water, shrieking .
My eyes roll as I begin swimming.

Celeste looks up from the water to Lorenzo.

"Aren't you gonna get in?" she calls.
He flicks  through pages of his book and switches his gaze to her.

"I don't really like getting wet" He returns his focus to the book.

"I do" Celeste and I giggle in unison.
Raffe rolls his eyes and continues shooting nets as Nikoli's chuckles fill the cold night air.

"Of course you do" Lorenzo grins.
His eyes are solely fixed on Celeste as he smirks. She returns his gaze, grinning too.
What?

The night goes on but we soon decide to go to bed. As soon as my legs are covered with the duvet, my eyes shut and I drift to sleep.