Part 16: Help Me

It had been about a week since Pietro and Sky last talked. Sky was doing her best to avoid Pietro and Pietro was trying his best to talk to her.

Today Sky had devoted her whole day to helping Tony work on his latest suit. They were sitting in Tony's extravagant garage, Sky was spinning around on the chair, obviously very bored while Tony was messing with the wires.

"You plan on helping at all?" He asked her. Sky looked at Tony and shook her head. "Seriously, what am I even paying you for?" Sky furrowed her eyebrows at Tony and showed her a sarcastic grin.

"You don't pay me."

"I pay you in a free place to live, with free clothes and food and tv and a phone and all that good stuff." He said.

"Really? You're going there?"

"Oh you bet I'm going there." Sky rolled her eyes and Tony smirked at her. "How about you work on it for a but while I go get us lunch?"

"Fine." Sky said, dragging out the word. Tony smiled before walking out. Sky lifted herself off the chair and walked over to the suit on the table. "Ok...so this goes here and—" Sky mumbled to herself as she worked on the suit.

Sky leaned over the table, picked up a pair of pliers and began to on the arm of the suit. Sky held the wire carefully when she heard a loud bang coming from upstairs. She looked down at the wire that she accidentally cut.

"Shoot." She mumbled. Sky moved the pliers down on the table next to her a reached down to the wire. She quickly pulled her hand away and looked at the sparks. "Ow, dang it." She scolded herself.

"Are you ok?" Sky jumped up at the noise and saw Pietro staring at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She answered quickly. ""What are you doing down here?"

"Well...I was looking for you and then I heard you so I came down here and—"

"Ok we'll I'm fine so you can go now." Sky told him before turning back towards the suit. "Plus I'm pretty busy. I need to fix this before Tony gets back...so see ya." Pietro looked at Sky and sighed.

"I actually came to talk to you." He said walking closer to her. Sky sat down on the chair and pulled it closer to the table, facing away from Pietro.

"Look Pietro, I'm really busy. I accidentally cut the wire and messed it up so I really need to fix it before he gets back."

"Please, it'll only take a second." Sky sighed and nodded, still not facing him. "Ok so I know you're avoiding me and I just want to know if I did something wrong...again."

"I'm...I'm not avoiding you."

"Seriously Sky, it's ok I guess, I just want to know what I did." Sky didn't know what to say. She was avoiding him, but it wasn't because of anything he did. It was because she was afraid. Afraid she wouldn't be able to just be friends with Pietro.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled. "Tony told me to stay away from you." She said.

"And you listened to him?"

"Yeah." She told him, looking down at the suit trying to fix it. "Sorry Pietro." Pietro then went over to grab another chair and sat down next to Sky.

"Are you sure you want to listen to him?"

"Yup." Sky nodded, still refusing to look at him.

"And why's that?" Pietro asked in whisper in Sky's ear. Suddenly Sky stood up from her chair and moved away from Pietro.

"Can you go?" She asked, her arms crossed over her chest. "Please."

"What is your problem? I'm trying to be your friend and you won't even look at me." Sky rolled her eyes and started to walk past Pietro and to the doors. "Can you at least tell me the real reason?"