Part 7: Fire

A/N: Hey guys. Nothing really important I just wanted to tell you this might have been my favorite chapter to write so I hope you enjoy.

"So you were almost killed by an evil robot that my dad created, but some doctor had this machine that healed you?" Sky asked confused.

"Yup."

"Cause that happens in really life."

"It happens in mine." Sky nodded softly and began to stand up. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to make us dinner. Tony's coming back tomorrow and we have eaten take out for every meal. That's a lot of money." Pietro rolled his eyes and speeded in front of Sky.

"You realize Stark is rich right?"

"Yeah, but I was raised to save money."

"Sounds terrible." Sky nudged Pietro and laughed at him before walking over to the refrigerator. "Plus, I really wanted pizza."

"Great, we'll make it." She told him with a smile. Pietro sighed and stomped over to the counter as he watched Sky get all of the ingredients.

"I'm not very good at cooking." He admitted.

"Alright well I am, so I'll teach you. Come on it will be fun." Pietro smiled at Sky. How could he not. He watched as Sky pulled her hair into a messy bun to keep out of her face and roll up her sleeves. "Ok, up." She said raising her hands. Pietro stood up and moved next to the girl.

"What's first?"

"Rolling the dough. That's your job, because I am weak and you are obviously very strong." Pietro smirked at Sky which made her blush. She felt like an idiot for saying that and was thankful that Pietro said nothing.

Sky turned around to grab the cheese when she suddenly heard, "done." Sky looked over at the rolled dough and sighed.

"Cheater. There should be a no super speed thing allowed."

"Sorry." Pietro mumbled quietly.

"Ok, time for the sauce and then cheese and should we do meatballs or pepperoni?" Pietro shrugged. "Both it is. Good choice." Pietro smiled as Sky took a spoon and began to smear the sauce on the dough.

"So, do you like cooking?" He looked at Sky who seemed to not be paying attention. Her mind was in a different place. "Sky?"

"Can I tell you something?" She said suddenly.

"Sure."

"Just promise not to tell anyone."

Pietro was hesitant at first, but said, "I promise."

"Ok so I would normally not tell you this of all people, but Wanda's my only friend and she's not hear and I really need to talk to someone."

"Hey, hey it's ok. You can tell me anything, plus I think you can admit you like me enough to call me a friend." Sky tried to smile, but the nerves were taking over.

"When I...left, I called my mom. She didn't answer obviously, but I told her I wanted to come back and that even if she was a terrible mother she wasn't as bad as Tony because she kept me for 16 years. I don't know why I did it because I really don't think any of it is true and I don't even know why I'm freaking out so much...I just, I just really needed to tell someone." She told him. Sky dropped the spoon in the sauce and ran her hands through her hair. "Sorry...uhm...sorry." She mumbled.

Pietro carefully walked closer to Sky and pulled her hands down and held them in his own. "It's ok. You were upset and she's your mother."

"Why did I do it? It was so stupid and Tony is way better than she is. Maybe I was just really upset and you were right. I would have failed miserably at living on my own. I honestly just wanted a place to call home and so I called her and I hate myself for it." She looked up at Pietro, her rapid breaths not slowing. "Tell me I'm overreacting."