Part 14: New Hair

"Great, now my best friend is mad at me. This is your fault." Wanda scolded her brother as they sat in her room.

"How is it my fault, you had just as big a part in it as I did."

"Shut up for once Piet."

"Sorry." Pietro rolled his eyes and frowned. "I can't believe Sky still misses her mom. Does she not understand that she abused her?"

"Sometimes it's hard for people to let go of others. Despite all the awfulness that Sky went through because of her mom, that women still raised her and it was Sky's only version of love." Pietro nodded, trying to understand.

"Still, she tried to hit Sky and now she listens to her moms messages and claims she loves her." Wanda sighed and let her head fall back on her pillow.

"Just don't tell anyone else ok. She made that very clear."

Sky and Tony sat in the lab, mostly in silence except for occasional questions and comments. Sky loved living with Tony and working with him, but he worked a lot and she really wanted a break.

"Ok what's up?" Tony said taking notice in Sky's boredom.

"I'm trapped in a stupid repeating cycle with Pietro." She told him. Tony looked at her confused, clearly needing a better explanation. "The same thing keeps happening. We don't like each other, then we get close or don't hate each other, then something happens, we get in a big fight and I'm miserable."

"Huh, I guess that does kind of happen a lot. Maybe you should change the cycle."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because the same thing will happen because Pietro is infuriating." She whined. Tony chuckled softly and let his head shake slightly.

"Come on, I know he's annoying, but can't you try to get along?"

"Nope, not possible. I sort of—can I talk to you about something that I can't really tell anyone?" Tony nodded hesitantly.

"It's not about sex is it?"

"Oh my gosh, no!" She shouted. "I sort of used to have a crush on Pietro."

"I know, go on."

"Oh, ok. Anyways it didn't work out and then he got a girlfriend and then a whole bunch of other stuff happened and I'm mad at him, but somehow I still like him. Ugh, I just need to do something big. Something that is different." Tony nodded and smiled.

"Go knock yourself out. Do something different."

"You are not helpful." Tony shrugged and spun around in his chair.

"No, I'm usually not. Now go, I'm sick of you and your boredom cycle of life."

"Harsh." Sky commented before leaving the lab. As she walked around the hallways she thought of what she could do when she ran into the twins.

"Hey Sky." Wanda said cheerfully.

"Hi Wanda." Sky replied with much less enthusiasm.

"What are you doing?" Sky sighed and decided she shouldn't be mad at Wanda.

"I'm thinking of something I could do to shake up my life." Pietro looked down at Sky, there eyes meeting for a few seconds before Sky forced herself to look away.

"Sounds fun, count me in."

"You don't even know what I'm doing."

"I don't care. I want to be apart of it." Sky shook her head and laughed.