1. Red string?!

" Come on Dream, red strings aren't real. " Nick tried to convince his roommate, Dream. Who was telling that he sees a red string tied to him but not to his boyfriend.

Let's go a bit back in time to see what happened.

| A few hours ago|

"Dream, hurry up I don't want to miss the star shower tonight. " George complained. It was two hours before Dream's 17th birthday and there was a star shower right at midnight. Perfect time for these two love birds to go on a date. Not exactly because George wanted to go see the stars and Dream needed to spend some time in the fresh air.

" Ok, I am done. Did you pack everything we will need? " Dream asked. " I suppose I did," George said pressing his index finger in his forehead to remember if he forgot anything. " Did you pack the drinks?" Dream asked. "Yes." " Snacks?" " I did I can never go out without them. " Dream giggled at what George said. " Your boyfriend? " Dream joked. " Did I pack him?" George asked more to himself. Then, Dream bursts laughing. Soon wheezing like a tea kettle. George acknowledging what he said turned red with embarrassment. Dream laughed more at this. His laughter soon dying out.

They made their way to a nearby garden. And sat down on a bench. " George, do you believe if I will be able to see my red string? " Dream asked voice cheering to George who was gazing up at the sky. " I don't know cause I have never seen a red string before. And I don't believe they even exist. " George explained. " I would love if I could see a red string connected to mine and yours pinky finger. " Dream said playing with George's hand.

" Dream, do you still believe in those stories where people see their red string and find their soulmates? If you do then grow old." George said chuckling still looking at the sky. Not considering even looking at Dream. Dream stopped playing with George's hand. He took out his phone from his pocket and looked at the time. ' 11:58 p.m. ' it read. Dream sighed and sat up and started walking around the garden and stopped to look at the rose bushes.

"They are pretty." He muttered. Then, he felt like something on his left pinky like a string. He looked down at his finger to see a string tied to him. He looked at George in excitement with a smile but it turned into a frown when he saw it wasn't connected to his boyfriend, the person he loved the most wasn't his soulmate. He froze there. He then looked at his finger to still see the string he touched it and he could feel it. He looked where the string went. And there it was it went to the opposite direction from where George sat. His soulmate was not his boyfriend. The one person he loved the most, even more than his life wasn't his soulmate. He looked at George. Then took a deep breath and walked towards him.

"Hey, I think I might go back. I feel kinda tired." Dream lied which was oblivious to George. He looked at Dream then nodded. " Ok, I will stay here for a while. If Callahan comes by tell him I am in the garden." George said and went back to gazing at the stars. Dream made his way back to his room. He took a deep breath before knocking on the door. A raven hair boy opened the door who was a few inches shorter than Dream. " Dream, take the keys with you. I am not going to wake up at midnight and open the door for you every time." The boy grumbled. " I am sorry Nick but there is something I need to tell you."

He walked inside their room and sat on the couch. He then motioned Nick to sit as well. Nick closed the door and sat next to his friend still half asleep. "So what is this important thing you need to tell me?" Nick asked yawning. Dream took a deep breath and said in a single breath. "Icanseemyredstringanditisn'tconnectedwithgeorge." " Dude, what the hell I didn't even understand a single word. " Nick complained. Dream took another deep breath and, " I can see my red string and it isn't connected with George. " He said separating each word so that Nick could understand. He immediately hugged Nick. At this Nick widened his eyes now fully awake. He hugged Dream back comforting him. Dream cried in Nick's shoulder until passed out.

Back to the present.

" Then, what is this that I see?" Dream asked Nick, showing his pinky finger to Nick. " Well, there is nothing. " Nick said. " Why did I wished to see my red string?" Dream growled. " Dream, come on. Maybe you were sleepy and didn't saw it attached to George. " Nick tried to convince Dream, who had his head in his hands.

Knocking was heard on their door. Nick sat up from the couch and opened the door to see George and Callahan there. " What are you doing here?" Nick asked. " We both are here to wake you both up otherwise we are going to get late for school. " George explained. " We both were already awake and I think Dream is taking a day off. " Nick tried to convince them but he looked like he just got up from bed. " Dream is so dead for waking me up at midnight," Nick mumbled to himself. " What did you say?" Callahan asked." Nothing come on in." Nick said.

" Dream, what happened? You look like a mess. " George complained. Dream's hair was all messed up and he was still wearing the same clothes he wore last night. " Well, it doesn't concern you." He mumbled which everyone in the room heard. " Dude, are you alright?" Callahan asked concerned.