A Chance Encounter

Lin FangJun was on his way to the library. The stories and customs in this strange were vastly different from his version of earth. He was quite enjoying reading these strange stories.

He was thinking about the next book he was going to borrow when he bumped into someone.

"Ouch" Lin FangJun landed on his butt.

"I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" a deep male voice said from above while offering their hand for Lin FangJun to take.

As soon as Lin FangJun looked at the man, he started feeling dizzy and nauseous. Something inside his brain was telling him to escape as soon as possible.

The man looked at Lin FangJun and said, "Remember me?"

"Who....who are you?" Lin FangJun got up on his own.

The man paused and took his hand back. Then he started smiling strangely.

"Your highness Lady Lin, I'm Qin WenShu, the ruler of the Qin country. I'm here as his Majesty's guest. I must say the birthday banquet was exquisite.", Qin WenShu said while grinning.

Lin FangJun was still feeling uneasy. The original owner of this body must have known this man.

"I apologize for bumping into you his highness. I should have been more aware of my surroundings." Qin WenShu sounded genuinely apologetic.

Lin FangJun shook off the uneasy feeling and finally observed this stranger.

He was tall and handsome. Not as handsome as Rong Huan, not even close but still pretty good looking.

'He said he was the ruler of Qin country. I have read about this. The richest country Qin and his newly appointed young ruler must be this guy.', Lin FangJun thought.

He was described as a kind and just ruler. This guy did exude the aura of maturity and kindness but Lin FangJun still felt like there is something fishy with this guy.

"It was very nice to meet you ruler Qin WenShu but I have to take my leave now." Lin FangJun started walking after saying that.

"If you don't mind me asking your highness, why are you out of the harem? I thought His Majesty's concubines weren't allowed outside.', Qin WenShu asked imploring.

Rong Huan's concubines weren't allowed outside of the harem but Rong Huan for some reason gave Lin FangJun the freedom to roam around.

"This is my home. I can go where ever I want, outsiders shouldn't ask questions. As for my purpose for coming here would be the royal library. The harems library doesn't have the books I want. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have to take my leave." Lin FangJun didn't stop this time.

Qin WenShu looked as Lin FangJun walked away, a contemplating look in his eyes.

Lin FangJun arrived at the library and met up with Yunxi and started browsing through the books.

Even though Lin FangJun's days were tranquil and easy going, for the other concubines of Rong Huan, it was not.

The green tea bitches gathered together to have green tea. How ironic!

"Since the vixen came, his majesty hasn't even talked to me once.", said Lady Chen woefully.

She used to be one of the favored concubines. But at present, she can't even see the shadow of Rong Huan.

"Even the empress's mother couldn't do anything about him. I heard she's praying to gods in seclusion for the Lin bitch to die.", said consort Rui.

"Your information sources are pretty unreliable. The Empress mother is not really in seclusion but house arrest. His majesty punished her because she messed with Lady Lin.", consort Lou said smirking victoriously.

Consort Rui's face blackened instantly. Even though they are acting like friends now, deep down they hate each other.

They all have the same goal. Getting Rong Huan's attention and an heir that can inherit the power of the gods.

They wanted what Lin FangJun has. That is why he hated him passionately.

The enemy of an enemy is my friend.

Because of that they're here teaming up. Their goal is to eradicate Lin FangJun's affection points.

"My brother has promised me that he would take care of Lady Lin, that I do not have to worry about a pest like him.", said lady Qin.

From the beginning, she was only drinking tea and just watching them jabbing at each other and cursing Lin FangJun.

She considered herself above these fools. She is the princess of Qin country. Her brother and father had been and are rulers of a very rich and strong country. She is more powerful than all of them combined.

All the other women gawked at her comment. No one would ever say something that aloud. It sounded like a sinister plan and it's straight-up treason to kill his majesties person.

But obviously arrogant and narcissistic Lady Qin didn't take that seriously. She continued sipping tea leisurely like she hadn't just dropped a bomb.

A ruler of a country declaring he would get rid of a concubine of his majesty, was scandalous.

The others quietly kept drinking tea, the atmosphere heavy. Even though they're afraid, they were also a little excited at the prospect that Lin FangJun might get out of the picture.

Another person who wasn't living a good life was the empress mother.

"crash"

The Empress mother broke another cup while seething in anger.

The son she gave birth to was punishing her for whom, just a lowlife concubine.

She could not digest that fact. She hadn't been able to go out in a long time.

"Mark my words, after I get out, I'm going to rip apart that Lin bitch. He will have to pay for my sufferings!!"

Lili trembled while picking up the glass shards. No one dared to even breathe in the empress mother's palace. She has been constantly breaking things, punishing the maids and screaming, and demanding to see her son.

Sometimes she feels like it's very hard to be a slave. If only there were no slavery, she'd be a free girl and would study to be a healer. But that is only daydreaming.

She closed the door while going out of the empress mother's bed-chamber. She has more things to do than dreaming about the impossible.

Small Theatre:

Rong Huan: My son, call me father.

Biming: ahhh ahh ah

Rong Huan: Ming'er say FA-THE-ER

Biming: ahh ah mama~~~

Rong Huan: -__-|||

note: In this story, the ranking of concubines would be,

Lady>consort

(I was blown away by the amount of love you guys gave me in the last chapter. That's why there is an early update for you lovely human beings. Thanks for existing !!! I love you all <3 )