🌞 Chapter 23 🌞

🌞

As Mew waited for Gulf in the shower, he got a call from an unknown number. Thinking that it might be the director, he answered it, ready with an apology. But alas, it was not.

"Mew, where the hell are you?"

"Yaya!" Mew had to lower his angry voice down so Gulf wouldn't hear. It was a good thing that Gulf was singing loudly in the show as he spoke.

"Why are you calling me? I'm hanging up!"

"Direct's really mad that you didn't show up to work today. They had to push the schedule a few more days because of you, you know."

Mew felt guilty. Because of what happened the other day, he'd simply forgotten about his professional commitments. He's never done anything like this.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll call him."

"Don't. He's- he's in editing. He's really mad. Just tell me when you're getting back so I can tell him."

Mew and Gulf had talked about going back the next day.

"What? You're with him?" Yaya sounded angry.

"You don't know anything, Yaya. This is between us."

"Whatever. Okay. I'll see you on the set. You're a very foolish man. I mean, it's all over the internet." With that, she dropped the call.

Mew wondered what she meant. He started to search Gulf's name on his phone

"Who were you talking to?" Gulf asked as he stepped out of the bathroom.

Mew jumped in surprise and turned off his phone. Gulf laughed as he sat on the bed.

"What's up with you? Did you forget I was in the room?"

Mew tried to laugh, but it came out false. Good thing, Gulf no longer asked about anything, except about what time they were getting ul tomorrow to catch the first trip back to Bangkok.

As they lay down, with Gulf trying to keep a safe distamce from him on the bed. "Yes?"

"Whatever happens, just trust me. I'll make this right."

Gulf frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Just trust me. That's all I need from you."

Gulf was still frowning, but she tried to smile for him. Mew kissed him on the forehead and said good night. As soon s Gulf was asleep, he took his phone from under his pillow and searched him.

On the biggest gossip site in the country, 'theEnvoy', the headlining story was  'Gulf Kanawut-Playing with the Hearts of the Country's Biggest Heartthrobs.' There on the page was the photo that Yaya had shown Mew woth the doodle. 'All around slut.'

It was a nightmare. Mew continued searching and the same photo had circulated all over the Internet. There a posts with several speculations as to who he was and forum posts with some of Gulf's own personal photos posted.

Mew felt like throwing his phone out of the window and screaming. He turned to Gulf who peacefully asleep and went over to hold him in his arms, scared about what would happen if he foubd out before he could do anything about it.

-====-

The next morning, still groggy from having to get up early, they went to the bus terminal but not without a tearful goodbye from their aunt.

"You both look like your mothers so much. I miss them," she said.

Gulf laughed and said to Mew, She just said you look like a girl."