🌻 Chapter 20 🌻

🌻

Gulf heard footsteps from the other side of the room. He turned to this particular direction and saw Mew. Everyone started clapping, but the applause stopped when Mew started pulling Gulf away from the dance floor and into the backstage.

"What's this?" Mew showed the photo of Kao and Gulf kissing in the rain.

Gulf started crying and shaking his head. Their fathers then appeared, asking what was wrong. The two would not speak, so they said, "Try to talk calmly about this," before going out again, closing the door behind them.

"Mew, please..."

"How could you do this to me?"

"It's not what you think, Mew..."

"What else can it be?"

"Let me explain..."

"Didn't I ask you to wait for me? Why are you doing this? How many guys have you kissed, anyway?"

"Please, let me explain. It was just a mistake."

"Well, now it is now that I know!"

"Mew..."

"I can't do this anymore. I have to go."

Gulf couldn't force him anymore. He watched him storm off, and he just gave in to her tears, until his father came to take him home.

🌻

Gulf waited for Mew to arrive home. His father had to leave for his early flight because he found out that his flight schedule's been moved a day earlier than expected.

"You can stay with you auntie if you need some space, okay? They'll e waiting for your call,"

"Anada, I'll wait up for Mew. You can go to sleep now," He said. The old lady took his head and squeezed it before leaving him in the living room.

A few minutes after midnight, he heard the gate open, the screech of a car door and a pot of plant getting knocked over. He went to the main door and saw Mew parking his car haphazardly. Mew got out of the car, slammed the front door shut, and walked toward him like he was drunk.

When Mew got nearer, Gulf could smell alcohol on him. "Are you drunk?"

"Come here." Mew pulled his arm and tried to close the door behind them.

"No, Mew, I have to close the gate."

"Come here!"

"Mew, can we talk?"

"Why do you do this to me, Gulf? Why do you act innocent when you're capable of doing this?"

"Please let me explain. It was nothing. I was just so jealous of you kissing Yaya. I think I wanted to get even. I wasn't thinking clearly then."

"And you thought that gives you the right to kiss him? God! So that night, when I drove out all night looking for you, you were with him?"

Gulf couldn't even look at him.

"Answer me!"

Gulf looked uo but only briefly.

"You were with him?"

Gulf started shaking his head.

"I don't know what happened. I just woke up, and I was there."

"Are you stupid? That can't be possible that you don't know what happened. Tell me, you slept with him?"

Gulf didn't speak up again. But slowly, he nodded. The truth was he wasn't even sure. But all evidences pointed to it.

"What, Gulf? I can't believe this. I really can't."

"Mew, please. I'm sorry. I didn't even_"

"Stop explaining. I don't want to see your face anymore. This is it."

Mew started walking away. Gulf tried to hold him back, but he shook her off. "I can't even look at you right now."

Gulf let him go. He was hurt, sure, but he knew that he somehow deserved his spite. So he went up his own room and started packing his bags.

🌞

Mew woke up with a bad hangover. He had never drunk before, but last night seemed like a good way to start. Then, he remembered the photo and didn't want to get up anymore. How could Gulf have done such a thing?

He got up and out of his room and saw  note on the floor. He was about to throw it away when something caught his eye.

'Mew, I know you don't want to see my face, so I'm leaving. I love you, but I know I don't deserve to have your love after what I've done."

====*****=====

Tbc....