🌞 Chapter 6 🌞

Mew couldn't concentrate in his driving. He kept thinking about his conversation with Gulf earlier, and he couldn't help but feel hurt at what Gulf had said.

Flashback

When he asked if he wanted a divorce, Gulf stood up in outrage and said, "Of course not! Why would you think that?"

"So,you can date all the guys you want.. like Kao"

"I'm not the one who's fooling around with other people, Mew. You are. You change girls like you change clothes. You're the one who's always acting like you don't know me!"

Mew couldn't believe that was how Gulf thought of him, that Gulf believed all those publicity ploys which were simply done so that he could be distinguished from Kao's good-guy image.

Does Gulf really think of me that way? I just didn't want him to get caught uo in all the showbiz intrigues. That's why I see to it that no one knows we're related.

He felt hurt and confused that the person he thought knew him, Gulf could think so slowly of him.

He drove through the gates of school and found Kao getting out of his own car.

He hurriedly parked his own car in the empty lot and caught up with Kao. Not a lot people came to school early, so they were safe from spying eyes.

"Kao!"

Kao turned around with a huge grin on his face. "Hey,what's up?"

"So you're dating someone now,huh?"

"Wow,now you're interested in my life?"

"Who is he?"

"Why's everyone so curious about that? And so early in the morning too."

Mew wanted to punch Kao's smug face when he said that.

"So this boyfriend of yours-"

"Oh, he's not my boyfriend anymore."

"He dumped you-- already?"

"No, of course not. He's not my boyfriend anymore. He's now my fianceé"

Mew had to keep his fist to himself to keep him from punching this son of a--

"Fianceë? What are you talking about?"

It was Yaya, who came out nowhere.

"None of your business," the two guys said at the same time.

Mew couldn't stand Yaya, so he simply took off, leaving Kao with her.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Gulf couldn't concentrate in school. So at lunch, Mild confronted him.

"What's going on, Gulf? I mean, you're always really distracted and scatterbrained but not when it comes to other stuff... Come on, baby, spill."

Gulf looked at his friend and envied his peaceful and uneventful life. "Mild..."

Mild looked at him, prompting him to go on and fast. "Come on, Gulf. My attention span is not that long. I have a few more seconds devoted to 'Gulf's problems' and then I'm off to another topic."

"Mew and I are in a fight," Gulf whispered.

Mild giggled. Gulf was afraid there must be something wrong with his friend's mental constitution.

"Wow. I think people call that the 'lovers' quarrel." He resumed his giggling.

Gulf sighed. "No, It's not like that." Gulf leaned into his friend. "He asked me if I want a divorce."