🌻 Chapter 7 🌻

Gulf had never been inside Mew's room ever since they moved into the house a year ago. So he was a little surprised and wary when Mew instructed her to come into the room.

Gulf looked around as Mew disappeared into his private bathroom. Mew's room was so neat, with all his books arranged on a shelf and everything in it's place. But what took Gulf by surprise was the row of framed photos in Mew's desk. Some were of Mew with his family, some of Mew's late mom with Gulf's own, and then their own wedding photo. It wasn't even a posed photo, it was a candid shot of a moment that Gulf couldn't remember.

Gulf wondered why Mew had that on his desk.

"You can sit down."

Gulf turned around and saw Mew in a well-fitting shirt. Gulf felt distracted by how manly Mew looked compared to how boyish and thin he was in their wedding photo.

Mew laughed, jolting Gulf back to reality.

"Why are you wearing that shirt? Don't you have anything.... bigger?"

"Why?

"Nothing,nothing."

Gulf sat down on the chair in front of Mew's desk.

"Why are you sitting there?" Gulf looked up to see him sitting down on his bed. Mew patted the spot next to his. "Sit here."

"What?"

"Oh,you and your malicious mind. I don't have a spare chair, so it's easier to play this on bed. I don't like sitting on the floor anyway. It's dirty.

Gulf rolled his eyes at him as he approached the bed warily. How can he be so vain?

"You said play? What are we going to play?"

Mew took out a huge notepad and a pen. We're playing X-O."

"X-O? Is that a Gossip Girl reference?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You know, as in, XOXO, Gossip Girl."

"What an idiot."

Mew wrote something fast on the notepad and showed it to him.

"Ah... That's tic-tac-toe!"

"Whatever."

"Why are we playing that? I thought we were going to talk calmly."

"Right. Whoever loses a round has to go 'truth or dare."

"Are you out of your mind? Who'd win against you? You're like the master of all board games known to mankind, nerd-o."

"You, idiot. This isn't a board game!"

"Fine, fine, whatever. Let's just start."

"You go first."

Gulf       Mew    Gulf       Mew     Gulf     Mew
_|_|_    _|_|_   _|_|_    _|_|o   x|_|o   x|_|o
_|x|_    _|x|_   _|x|_    _|x|_   _|x|_   _|x|o
_|_|_    _|_|o   x|_|o    x|_|o   x|_|o   x|_|o

"Mew for the win!" Mew said, raising his fist uo in the air.

Gulf rolled his eyes. Mew can be such a kid sometimes.

"Ugh!"

"Okay,truth or dare?"

"Truth. I'm scared you might make me do something stupid."

"But you already are, so why be scared?"

Gulf stood up, ready to leave. He was tired of all Mew's insults. But Mew held his wrist and yanked him back down.